Author Topic: Look what I just got!! (Sorry, I have to show it off!)  (Read 6192 times)

just_chilin

• Bronze Level
Look what I just got!! (Sorry, I have to show it off!)
« on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:08 »
First off, Hows everyone doing? Anyways, I know this is not a Tyco, but its cuzin Nikko. Its a classic, 1980's Nikko Rhino! Anyone remember these?? Just got it today on the C-list. It in box with all paperwork, transmitter, 2 battery backs, a Nikko fast charger, extra wheels and did I mention IN BOX!?! What do you guys think??? I gave it a quick charge and put in some old batteries and it started right up! Didnt last long, so now Im charging the battery pack again, slowly and gonna get me some more AA batteries. This monster uses the battery pack plus 4AA and 6 on the transmitter. Just thought Id share and show it off. Its missing the rear wing, anyone have any idea of where I can get one? Looks to be bolted on with 2 screws. Its definitely cool and I after 20 something years, I finally got one!!  ;D Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8slTZ2VSTo

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 18:08:13 by just_chilin »

poptart

• Gold Level
Re: Look what I just got!! (Sorry, I have to show it off!)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 19:49:28 »
nice love it !!!!,,,that wing is gonna be a hard find in nice shape,,you cant put a beat up one on that nice one,,ill keep my eyes peeled for one
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

just_chilin

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 20:46:57 »
nice love it !!!!,,,that wing is gonna be a hard find in nice shape,,you cant put a beat up one on that nice one,,ill keep my eyes peeled for one

Thanks for the compliment! I was kinda disappointed when I didnt see the wing in there, but I got over it VERY quickly once I saw everything else it came with. Appreciate you looking.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 20:50:35 »
yeah man rare find and nice shape,,,i remember them very well they used to be in the wonderful glass isle at toys R us back in the day
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

just_chilin

• Bronze Level
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 21:58:23 »
yeah man rare find and nice shape,,,i remember them very well they used to be in the wonderful glass isle at toys R us back in the day
Haha, the glass isle! I forgot about that. You could always look, but cannot touch! I remember my older bro would get these cool fast r/c's and I would get the one with the wire attached to the remote!  >:(

stussels

• Silver Level
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 23:20:20 »
yeah i remember those.  the nikko rhinos and sears lobos were more common around my place than tycos.  or maybe it was about the same...  i know a couple of my friends had the nikkos and i and a couple of others had tycos.  i had a white 27 super turbo hopper and my buddy had a black bandit and regular turbo hoppers.  seems like the richer kids had the nikkos. 

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:54:44 »
yeah some of the nikko's in that case where damn near hobby grade and around $199 to $299 compared to the $99 dollar tyco's from what i remember,,and man i hated those little wired RC's especially the somewhat fast ones cause the damn cord was so short you were to busy watching where you were running to have any fun with the car,i stomped and crushed many of those because of that lol
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

just_chilin

• Bronze Level
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 08:18:05 »
yeah some of the nikko's in that case where damn near hobby grade and around $199 to $299 compared to the $99 dollar tyco's from what i remember,,and man i hated those little wired RC's especially the somewhat fast ones cause the damn cord was so short you were to busy watching where you were running to have any fun with the car,i stomped and crushed many of those because of that lol
Haha! yeah, very annoying! This one is almost hobby grade for its days. Pretty fast and you can pretty much take it apart and change things up if you need to. I can see why they were pretty pricey back in the days. Anywho, lol!

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 17:40:44 »
while where on the subject look what just got posted on ebay !!!,,,, its the rhino's twin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKKO-THUNDERBOLT-F10-RTR-VERY-RARE-RADIOSHACK-TYCO-/150765110212?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item231a4d03c4
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

just_chilin

• Bronze Level
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 18:55:46 »
Oh snap! I have the box and all the paperwork to go with it. Hmm, Ill watch this one and see where it goes. Im missing the wing on mine, still looking for a replacement. Nice!