Author Topic: Robots, Aliens & Drunken Bears  (Read 3917 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Robots, Aliens & Drunken Bears
« on: June 30, 2010, 20:24:32 »
  I made it to Atlanta.  The art show / launch party went great. 

I spent the 36 hours before the show cutting out wooden shapes that Jason then painted with various characters from the series. Then I had to mount them on to wooden panels using dowels to make the pieces 3D.  The glue was still drying on some of the pieces as we started loading them in to the truck, but most everything made it there okay.

It was a great turn-out.  Of the mass invites that Jason had done to the 500 or so people who have signed up to the Red Rocket Farm mailing list over the past few years, well over 100 people showed up over the course of the evening.  A performing troupe called the "ThimbleRig Circus" did juggling, fire eating, and knife throwing in between the screenings of the first three segments of "Cradle Me, Sky". 

Jason's art is being exhibited at The Alcove (where the show was held) for the next week.   Once the pieces come back, I'll be photographing them to put up on the webstore.  Oh yeah, apart from doing the lip-synching for the show, I'm also running Jason's web store now.  I'm learning all about software called Volusion.  The admin page for Red Rocket Farm has links to Volusion training videos, and live chat tech support...  Overwhelmingly exciting.

I haven't found a place yet, and Jason and Allen are being very gracious letting me stay with them until I do.  Jason suggested that it might be better to get a job first, so I could try to get a place relatively close.  Otherwise, I'm just trying to find a place that's cheap.

Click here to check out RED ROCKET FARM and CRADLE ME, SKY, and don't forget to bookmark them, as a new chapter of each episode will be posted every week.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Robots, Aliens & Drunken Bears
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:02:25 »
Sounds like fun. I'll definitely check out those sites. Thanks for the links!
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:57:58 »
I noticed on the Red Rocket Farm site that there is a dog character named Andy mentioned as being in episode 1. On the Cradle Me, Sky site I watched episode 1, but didn't see the dog. Is that a small portion of episode 1, or did I miss a glimpse of the dog?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 16:25:01 »
Yeah, in order for Jason to be able to animate these by himself, he's dividing each episode into serialized segments.  The part up now is the prologue to episode 1. 

I know it's not very well defined... I don't manage that part.  ;)  As more segments get put up, the site will be refined to make more sense.  It will also eventually have more stuff there besides just the episodes.

I'll make sure to mention to Jason that you called to him a dog.  ;D  Jason always refers to him as a rat, but I agree the nose is very dog-like.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"