Author Topic: Blade Trinity  (Read 2797 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Blade Trinity
« on: August 13, 2008, 00:20:33 »
I really liked Blade. I finally got a chance to see Blade Trinity last night and I was a bit disappointed.

Spoiler alert! Stop now if you're don't want hints about what happens!

The beginning was cool. I even liked the end, but right around 30 minutes into the movie, once the bearded guy from the Care Bear club started filling in the details it just got too cheezy. That guy was ok during the rescue but after that he was rather annoying. I'm sure he was hired for his hilarious personality, but I had enough at his second joke and wished they would kill him quickly so that I wouldn't have to listen to his bad jokes anymore. I also felt bad for the little girl, but her smart alec comments and lack of emotion didn't even seem believable in her situation.

It's not the worst. I'm glad I finally got to see it, but this just makes one more trilogy that I really only want to own the first film of.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

cinemax

• Gold Level
Re: Blade Trinity
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 09:31:13 »
Yeah, The third sections of trilogies usually stink. Just look at Star Wars. Ewoks anyone? There are exceptions of course but in most cases writers come down with either "been there done that" or "we've shown them everything so now we have to do something really new!" syndrome.

Ernie

• Gold Level
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:53:35 »
I was very disappointed in Trinity.

First of all, Ryan Reynolds. he is NOT an "actor"...no matter what movie he plays in, he always "acts" the same...there is no range or depth to his acting skills.

Secondly, Jessica Biel's character was no needed. It could have added a nice story (which had no story to it at all) but they failed to explore options that were available.

And lastly, and most annoying...Blade defeating DRACULA?!?!? I mean, WTF is up with that?

Whatever...I think in all 3 movies the villian had a perfect chance to finish off the "DayWalker" and failed miserably.

I will admit...the ONLY good part of Trinity? Watching Parker Posey! :D
Click on this link and help hatch my Dragons!
http://dragcave.net/user/Y%27oshii%20Capone

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 20:07:19 »
I must admit...I loved 'em all!!

Hunter and I have watched all three numerous times.  I LOVED Ryan Reynold's humor in the 3rd movie. 

And you all have to admit...the Vampire Pomeranian was cool!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 00:04:51 »
I don't know. Seeing that dog was more like a WTF moment for me.

As for Ryan Reynold, I think I laughed at his first joke. Then I just hoped he'd get killed off soon.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Ernie

• Gold Level
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 12:17:14 »
I would Force-Choke (I know, wrong genre!) Ryan Reynolds...then Force Lightning Blade into crunchy tater-tots...then convert that pomeranian into my dark apprentice!

MWAHAHAHA!
Click on this link and help hatch my Dragons!
http://dragcave.net/user/Y%27oshii%20Capone