Author Topic: bandit gears !!!!  (Read 16923 times)

poptart

• Gold Level
bandit gears !!!!
« on: February 19, 2012, 00:44:56 »
OK fellas Ive got someone to make some 9.6v turbo bandit gears w/high on one side and low on the other just like factory for everyone who has stripped out low,,,, I'm going to buy 10 in case anybody else needs one down the line,,,, my question is i can ether get them in hard black delrin or any type of metal i want,,I'm thinking delrin because its much stronger than the injection molded white plastic stockers and wont be harder on the other parts in the rear end that are all plastic except the only metal gear in the gearbox is the one on the motor itself,,, i just cant make up my mind. any thoughts??
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:17:50 by poptart »
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

stussels

• Silver Level
Re: bandit gears !!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:36:35 »
when you say metal, what kind of metal?  id think brass would be good as its soft.  but ultimately i agree with you.  if youre not replacing all the gears it may be better to stick with a type of plastic.  the delrin should last forever. 

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 13:52:00 »
he could do brass,,alum or steel,,, i just wanted the strongest i could get without hurting any other components but yeah since the motor gear is brass (i think) id be afraid of brass on brass contact and you'd possibly have to keep cracking the case and oiling/greasing it with that and since it was built to be non serviceable i think the delrin would be the best bet thanks man
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

Ridiculawesome

• Copper Level
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 16:18:33 »
Do you know if the High and Low gears on the Bandit are the same as the Fast Traxx?  If they are, I would love to get some black delrin ones from you. :)

Once you go black delrin, you never go back... delrin. :/
"I poisoned my dog so he can't keep chasin' that baby giraffe."

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 03:36:51 »
 Lmfao!!!,,The fast traxx is 43/17/10 tooth correct??,ill match them up and get back with you once they get in my hands forsure
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

Ridiculawesome

• Copper Level
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 14:11:31 »
Yeah, 43/10 and 17 on the reverse. Keep me posted. I'm looking for 2.

Stubby Pickle

• Copper Level
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 09:16:12 »
Id be intersted in a dozen if they work in other tycos n not to expensive. Im always finding tyco rcs but they always have stripped gears. wonderin if you could have a list of what they would fit.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 19:45:27 »
yeah ill just have to compile a list,,so any info on any ones people need would be appreciated,, i have them all but most are mint or new so I'm not about to start taking them apart,hell they don't even come out the boxes,,i just play with my bandit because its not boxed.so far i know the fast traxx and the bandit gears are the exact same size thanks to Ridiculawessome having his fast traxx broke down but different teeth numbers so I'm guessing it goes the same for all 9.6v's in that range like the eliminator,turbo hoppers,blaster etc. just different ratios,,someone correct me if I'm wrong because the only one i have torn down at the moment is my bandit so far i know

9.6v fast traxx gear is 43t w/10t L/17t H
9,6v turbo bandit gear is 45t w/9t L /12t H
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

Ridiculawesome

• Copper Level
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 21:33:02 »
Hmmm. Maybe someone here can enlighten me on this, but the more teeth a gear has the more work the motor has to do, and the slower the speed, right?  

Any chance your friend can make the 43/10/17 as well? :/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 21:45:16 by Ridiculawesome »

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 04:07:09 »
close buddy,,,but im pretty sure the more teeth the more work the motor has to do is correct but at a higher top speed,say for example on the fast traxx 17t is the high side of the gear and the bandit's 12t is it's high side. the motor is working harder in high gear thats why the batt drains much quicker and yes he can i just need a broken or stripped fast traxx gear to send with my bandit one so i dont have to tear apart a totally mint fast traxx.
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

stussels

• Silver Level
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 15:54:11 »
you know poptart, if these work out well and arent too expensive for you to purchase you should consider having gears for all the more popular tycos made up.  you could sell em at a reasonable mark up for your time and maybe revive quite a few tycos along the way.  you could be the go to guy for durable, replacement tyco gearing.  i know ive stripped a couple of turbo hoppers low ranges myself.  idve killed to come across ready to buy gears at the time.  do any of the tycos share the same gears in the rearends?  be nice to see what crosses with what.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 17:09:10 »
yeah i love them so much I'm prob just gonna get 10 of each,,and that's what we're trying to figure out now,,i have them all but like i said i dont wanna open the boxes and take apart perfectly new tyco's we got the fast traxx and bandit covered,,if you have a broken down hopper or any other 9.6v and wanna give me the tooth count??,,that would be great
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

Ridiculawesome

• Copper Level
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 23:27:26 »
Papa Tart. Would be cool to get the ones for Fast Traxx made too out of black delrin.  Need me to send you my stripped one? I'd kindly ask for it back tho. :/

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 23:32:04 »
i want these gears
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 20:05:32 »
Ridiculawesome yeah i will need your broken gear,,you can just stick it in a ziplock and a envelope and ill gladly send it back to you,,to start I'm gonna get 10 black delrin fast traxx gears and 10 bandit gears since those will be the only ones i have in my hand.were just going back and forth over price per unit since there not just reg spur gears were at $14 dollars per unit right now since there cluster gears basically 3 gears in one,,but ill get him down and get this done to where its worth it for all of us.as soon as i get him to a price point that's a little more reasonable ill pm you my address so you can send the ft gear ;D and CZ im on it buddy!!!
Hit it Mr.butters!!!