Author Topic: NEW PSP...!  (Read 6973 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
NEW PSP...!
« on: August 16, 2009, 16:55:09 »
So Dragon...how are you enjoying the new PSP?  I hope you love it!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: NEW PSP...!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:42:51 »
Oh yeah! I'm really enjoying it. Despite my minimal interest in God of War originally, once I started playing I have found that I do like it. I've also had a lot of fun with Daxter. I haven't tried the Golf game yet, but I already got Twisted Metal Head On for only $10 - BRAND NEW/SEALED! That's been fun too! I've also enjoyed having a portable MP3 player and internet, although I have noticed that My Bookmarks don't always work. Did that ever happen to you? Know what's causing that?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 20:06:24 »
My guess....operator error!   ;)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 23:22:24 »
Hmmm... Yeah, I wondered about that. However, I've opened the browser, had no Bookmarks, closed the browser and reopened and somehow had Bookmarks. ... I'm at a loss. It seems like an intermittent problem with the memory. I'm hoping I didn't mess something up when I copied some new MP3s on to it, but I'm not sure what I did wrong if I did.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 07:00:38 »
Were you cognizent of the format the MP3s had to be in on the card to be recognized?  In other words, are you able to find and play your songs?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 12:33:41 »
Oh yeah, I'm able to play the songs I added. I also noticed that some of the MP3s that you had on there before were not found because they were at a deeper level.

I found some information where people were getting an error when trying to save stuff. I don't remember where I had seen the error, but I'm pretty sure that it was the one that I had seen at least once or twice. One website suggested copying everything from the memory card to a PC, Format the memory card, and then copy everything back from the PC to the PSP memory card. I haven't done that yet, but if I keep coming across the memory error I'll probably do that.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 09:03:13 »
I noticed that I couldn't download the XYZ Radio app, so I figured it was time to format the memory card. After saving my files to my PC, I formatted the card, copied the old data back to the PSP, and then it worked fine. I was able to download XYZ Radio and access My Bookmarks.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 18:30:48 »
Sweet....but there goes all the music I gave you! :o

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 11:49:02 »
No, it's still there. I had saved everything to my PC first, then formatted the card, then copied anything back. No loss.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 20:59:20 »
Ahhh...Axl will be happy to know that! ;D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 02:39:02 »
Axl should also be happy to know that "Paradise City" gets cranked up at the beginning of Burnout Paradise. (The whole soundtrack sounds pretty cool actually, but that's a great song to kick it off with.)