Author Topic: Crank (and other films starring Jason Statham)  (Read 2071 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Crank (and other films starring Jason Statham)
« on: August 15, 2008, 21:55:07 »
Crank is an awesome movie. After seeing Jason Statham in The Italian Job and The Transporter I started looking for more movies with him in it. Crank is my favorite so far. Another great action-adventure film, but the cinematography and story were especially cool. I guess I'm going to have to look for more films from these directors too.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:59:05 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: Crank
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:32:35 »
I watched a really good movie recently with Jason and Wesley Snipes. I believe it was called Chaos Theory. I also watched Jason's last movie on DVD, it was called the Bank Job. I thought it was okay, not as good as Chaos Theory, but good.
My wife likes Jason is why I have seen a bunch of his movies.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 09:27:00 »
Personally, I think his best film EVER is still Snatch. Although I did enjoy Crank very much.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 19:07:41 »
I looked for Chaos Theory and read about it. Looks like there are lots of bad reviews. Then I noticed that I have Chaos in my Netflix queue, which must be the one you're referring to. Bank Job is higher on the list right now, but I'll get to both of them eventually.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 04:16:34 »
Yes, not Chaos Theory, but this one.

"Chaos is a 2006 crime film directed by Tony Giglio starring Jason Statham, Ryan Phillippe, and Wesley Snipes."

Don't read too much about it, the twist is the best part.

Mac

ps, I noticed there is a Crank 2 coming out this year, with Jason in it.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Chaos (Re: Crank)
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:57:48 »
I guess the secondary Netflix queues are still active even though they were supposed to be shut off Sept 1st. Anyway, I got Chaos in the mail and decided to watch it last night.

I've watched similar movies a second time just to catch something that fits the pieces together. No need to do that here. As soon as an "ah-ha" moment came up they would show a flashback so that you definitely wouldn't miss the connection.

I thought the acting and action was fine, but there were no really interesting plot twists to me since I watch lots of movies like this. My wife was completely bored with of all the cliche plot twists and kept saying, "Are you sure you haven't watched this before?"

I'd still give this 4 stars, because it was pretty good, but if you watch a lot of movies like this, there's nothing new... at least there wasn't for me.