Author Topic: Which Hosting Provider should I go for?  (Read 4502 times)

hostmonsterrev

• Copper Level
Which Hosting Provider should I go for?
« on: September 24, 2009, 20:02:31 »

Hi everyone, I'm new here. As odd as it might sound I wondered if anyone here owned a website, I would like to start an online shop.  I have heard I need hosting?

I looked for a good one but there seems to be so many, I was thinking about Hostmonster but then I read this review

They say that HostMonster websites are being shut down because of too many visitors, is this true?  Does anyone know any good places they are using?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Which Hosting Provider should I go for?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 23:43:04 »
I think GoDaddy has some pretty good hosting, but HostGator seems to be good too.

Update: I read the HostMonster review. Since it specifically mentions HostGator as an alternative, it wouldn't be too surprising if someone affiliated with HostGator wrote that review. However, the review of HostMonster does bring up some things to be aware of.

My opinion of GoDaddy is based on personal use and the needs of most people I've worked with. I do have one friend though who uses HostGator and says that he prefers it over GoDaddy.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:27:29 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)