Author Topic: Bandit frequencies  (Read 4243 times)

90stang

• Copper Level
Bandit frequencies
« on: May 31, 2014, 19:54:13 »
Hi guys,
 I'm new to the forum and need info for my bandit. I recently picked up a turbo bandit at a second hand store,I've been wanting one since I was a kid. It did not come with a controller, but I figured I could pick one up somewhere or use one of my old futabas. To my surprise it has no crystals to change out. It only has a circuit board. I looked for a specific 27mhz frequency but none is listed on the truck or board.
I stopped at my local shop and they said I could use a different controller if I knew the correct frequency.
My question is how to determine the correct wavelength. Will any 27mhz tyco controller work? Would it just bond right up when turned on? I want to get the truck running. Please help!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Bandit frequencies
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:25:03 »
Hello 90stang, welcome to the forum! As far as the Tyco stuff goes, yes, you should be able to grab any 27mhz controller from Tyco. I think recently some of the toy-grade r/c vehicles started offering different crystals, but all the old stuff was either 27mhz or 49mhz, not any more specific than that.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

90stang

• Copper Level
Re: Bandit frequencies
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 16:16:18 »
Thanks dragon,
 Now I just have to track one down