Author Topic: High Blood Pressure  (Read 5543 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
High Blood Pressure
« on: November 16, 2009, 16:47:25 »
I haven't mentioned how my doctor's visit went, so I thought I'd write a quick blog to let you guys know what's going on. My doctor said I have High Blood Pressure. It's not real bad, just borderline, but enough that they wanted to put me on meds. I had bloodwork and an EKG done, now I'm on a daily pill and have to go back for a checkup next month. Yippee.  :(

The cause at this point is unknown. It doesn't seem hereditary. Maybe it has something to do with having only one fully functioning kidney. Maybe it's stress. Lack of exercise. A little from each of those categories? Well... anyway, I'm looking forward to the end of the semester. It seems to be coming up quick, so hopefully I'll be able to de-stress, get out for more exercise, and grow a new kidney during that time.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: High Blood Pressure
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:59:44 »
Dude...it's the lack of gaming that's doing that to you.  I am an expert in this field.  My prescription is that you game at least twice per month with your good friends.  And try to get with friends on the weekend at a park and play some foxtail, frisbee or other sport that requires movement.  This will continually de-stress you and will lower that pressure for you.  Also...take yer meds.

Pal, I'm sorry to hear this, but we will all receive some sort of bad health news as we get older.  Poor Chris suffers from ED...so he likely knows how you feel.  It's not the end of the world...it just means we need to make some minor changes and then let's not forget to enjoy life and focus more on the positive!!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:12:23 »
[Jumping out of a Delorian and pushing my past me away from the keyboard]

Hahaha... good one Wylders.  Zing!  You got me there.  Now let's please just change the subject...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 14:53:25 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:22:50 »
 ??? Did I miss an inside joke there?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 15:01:56 »
No... I was about to make a joke, but decided not to as some might read something into it and try to solve it like some kind of word puzzle.  So let's just drop it.  8)

How's the medication working for you?  Have you tried any relaxation techniques?  Deep breathing and what-not?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 15:12:24 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 16:18:59 »
 ;D
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 18:35:10 »
Hmmm... strange. I thought for sure there was more to this discussion before. Maybe this medication is messing with my brain.  :P 

My blood pressure is still a little high last time I checked. But my follow up appointment isn't until next month to see how well it's working. On a similar but not quite related note, I do have another appointment to check my kidney(s) tomorrow. Of course, I probably won't find out the results for a few weeks anyway.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 08:09:32 »
LOL!!!  I love the Delorean comment Chris!!!  Hilarious!!