Author Topic: Cow Brush - Terrain Upgrade  (Read 2565 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Cow Brush - Terrain Upgrade
« on: December 16, 2020, 17:16:13 »
There is a video online about a guy that made a big cow brush and his cows loved it. I posted the video on facebook.com/fartingcowsgame but here's a link to the YouTube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUmzIiVzfFo

Anyway, it got me thinking about a new option for my game to allow players to boost the value of the spaces. I'm not sure if I want it to be an automatic thing or something that the player placing the terrain tile chooses. Here's my idea in case anyone wants to try it out. Let me know what you think.

When a player puts a 5-terrain down, that player adds a Cow Brush to the 5-terrain which boost value of the 4 adjacent spaces (up, down, left, right) by 2 Victory Points each. There isn't any extra space, but when calculating the scores at the end, the player claiming any of those spaces gets the extra 2 points for each.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 15:39:50 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Re: Cow Brush - Terrain Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 23:10:33 »
We've tested this out and it adds a great extra strategy for terrain card, even potentially having it as a final play to boost points for spaces already claimed.

This played out nicely with some extra 3d game pieces to add barn tokens (on the LZs) and the brush tokens (on the 5s) to help as visual reminders.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Re: Cow Brush - Terrain Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 22:50:40 »
Here is a photo of my "Farm Upgrade", including the Cow Brush, Barns and Trucks.