Author Topic: Tyco 9.6V RC Series Upgrade/Replacement Parts Now Available!  (Read 5661 times)

Gamester

• Silver Level
Hey folks,

In case anyone is interested in beefing up/customizing some parts on their Bandit, Eliminator, Hopper, Hi-Jacker or other models in the 9.6V series; I've recently started making some Upgrade parts for these great old TYCOs...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/gamestertek/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Just a few parts available so far, but more to come if folks show interest.

Let me know what parts that you guys would like to see an upgrade of on these as I would love some feedback and recommendations ;)

-Gamester

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Tyco 9.6V RC Series Upgrade/Replacement Parts Now Available!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 08:19:15 »
Nice! I see 3 items with some color variations. Please post again here if you add any more products! 

GTEK Upgrade Battery Door/Cover TYCO Bandit/Super/Eliminator/Wild Thing/HiJacker

GTEK Upgrade A-Arm Set TYCO Bandit/Super/Eliminator/Wild Thing/Hi-Jacker/Hopper!

GTEK Upgrade Battery Door Latch TYCO Bandit/Super/Eliminator/Wild Thing/HiJacker
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 11:09:26 »
Hey Dragon,

Hope you are doing well and will do  ;)

-Gamester

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 16:18:00 »
Thanks! I'm doing ok and I hope you are doing well also!

I was just looking at the description you wrote on the A-Arm page and just flashed through a lot of memories of the old commercials, trying out stuff we saw in the commercials, and breaking things on our highly desired toys. At one point I had a Tyco Lamborghini, which my brother crashed into a concrete curb and snapped the A-Arm. I pulled some parts from a broken Tyco Hopper that I had and managed to get it running again, although the cornering was quite different on one side compared to the other. I sold that car years ago, but if I had it today, I'm sure I'd have a request for you. :)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 17:49:10 »
Good deal, doing fine here as well.

Oh' yeah, good memories indeed.  I went through several A-Arms on my Bandit and Heads Up Hopper, but I was pretty rough on them too and curbs were the culprit most the time as well, lol.  ;)

Loved the Twin Turbo Lambos too; would always end up break the bumpers off of those though.

Yeah, I could recreate/upgrade any part really; but had these listed for a week or two and haven't had the reception I expected so far, so not sure how much more I'll make if these don't start selling soon.  We'll se how it goes though  :)

-Gamester

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 21:16:10 »
Released another upgrade/repair part that should help resurrect a lot of busted Bandits out there :D ...

GTEK Upgrade/Repair/Replace Kit Upper Shock Towers for TYCO 9.6V Turbo Bandit...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124982275562

-Gamester

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 22:51:22 »
Nice!

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2021, 11:27:43 »
Here's another new release for those who lost this part as often as I did when running vehicles in this series...

GTEK Upgrade Rear Lock Shocks TYCO Bandit/Super/Eliminator/Wild Thing/Hi Jacker!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125011050413

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 09:55:47 »
I just saw you stuff yesterday!, and I saw someone remade the Hi/Low gear for the fast traxx with a metal bearing.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 17:42:00 »
Hey again folks,

I've created a number of additional parts since I last posted and you can check them all out here...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/gamestertek

Most recent ones being the much requested Twin Turbo Lambo upgrade front bumper and the Fast Traxx upgrade battery door  ;)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 09:12:20 »
Gamester, Have you remade the front control arm/ suspension point on the twin turbo lambos?
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2022, 02:35:15 »
Hello,

Not yet, but I will if I have enough people asking about it ;)

Thanks

OzzyMuppet

• Copper Level
  • Where do I go from here?
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2022, 08:43:45 »
Just wanted to add my thanks to you (GTek) for doing this, and helping us keep our Tyco / Taiyo RCs in working order :) Well done mate.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2022, 20:52:56 »
GTek are you willing to sell off eBay?