Author Topic: Dune: Imperium  (Read 874 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Dune: Imperium
« on: August 27, 2023, 19:45:46 »
Dune: Imperium has become our most played game this year. I got it as a Christmas present last year and we played it 4 times in January alone. Unfortunately, our times of getting it to the table slowed down after that, but we've still played it 9 times this year so far. Isaac and I primarily have played Dune: Imperium as a two-player game, meaning that the House Hagal deck to imitate a 3rd player. Although we have probably made at least one rule interpretation mistake per game, we have been getting better and have still been enjoying the game quite a bit even with some the confusion. Isaac and I have been a pretty even overall too, with Isaac winning 5 of the games and me winning the other 4 that we've played. Of the 9 times we've played, only once was with an actual 3rd human player, and based on that experience, we believe that the House Hagal deck does a nice job filling the void of a 3rd player, effectively disrupting the other players' strategies.

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)