Author Topic: Chess  (Read 618 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Chess
« on: June 19, 2022, 21:54:47 »
It's been a long time since I've played Chess, but after a couple games of Homeworlds yesterday, Isaac challenged me to a game he was more familiar with. He has been studying Chess quite a bit over the last couple years, but never played against me. I haven't played Chess in a while. I started off taking out several of his pieces, Pawns, a Knight and a Bishop, while I lost a couple pieces to him. He admitted to making a couple mistakes early in the game and also underestimated how good I would be. I had put him into Check a few times when I unfortunately got my Queen stuck between my King and his Rook. I was able to pull back so he had to sacrifice his Rook to take out my Queen, but then he came in strong with his Queen and I wasn't able to hold him off. He got me in Checkmate with his Queen and a Pawn. It was a good game.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)