Author Topic: Trains  (Read 469 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Trains
« on: July 10, 2022, 15:15:41 »
Trains is a combination of a deck-building card game and a territory-claiming board game. Players each start with railroad tracks in one spot on the board, at a different location than other players, and then use their cards to expand their railway, build stations in cities around the board, and buy more cards which allow more growth. We also played with some special route cards, which I believe were an expansion to the base game. The special route cards added an element like Ticket To Ride and similar games, giving bonus points to a player who is able to make the first connection between two specified cities.

Mac was the one who introduced us to this game a few years ago, and it was nice to see him again on June 20th and get to play this with him. Even though Mac is the one that is most familiar with this game, we all had a pretty close game. Isaac won with 60 points, Mac had 58, while Beth and I tied at 55.

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)