Author Topic: Tyco RC item Wanted  (Read 11099 times)

jbracer86

• Copper Level
Tyco RC item Wanted
« on: October 01, 2008, 22:06:55 »
 I have just purchased two Tyco Indy cars (one was made in 1987) and (the other approximatly 1991)  The problem i Have is that I do not have a controller for either of these cars.  I was wondering if somenone has any controllers that they would be willing to sell me.  The 1987 car is A Kraco sponsored indy car.  From the Tyco Radio controlled Indy urbo it runs on a 27mhz frequency.  The car from 1991 is a Valvoline sponsored indy car that runs on a 49mhz frequency.  Let me know if it is possible to buy either oneor both of these types of tyco controllers.  you can reply or email me jbracer86@yahoo.com if anyone has one of these controllers they would be willing to see me.  Thank you so much I really hope to get these two indy cars racing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 22:12:30 by jbracer86 »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Tyco RC item Wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:43:49 »
First of all, Welcome to Dragons Hobbies!

I don't have any remotes for those vehicles myself right now, but I hope you'll keep checking back. Many people come here about vintage Tyco vehicles and eventually someone will come that has an extra remote or two.

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

jbracer86

• Copper Level
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 01:20:42 »
hey i found this car for sale.  It was made roughly the same time as the valvoline indy car and it runs on the same 49mhz frequency.  Do you think this remote will work on the valvoline indy car?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 08:27:35 »
I can't tell by the pic if this is a Tyco car. If so, I think it would work.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

jbracer86

• Copper Level
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:25:33 »
here is the link of the car and remote from ebay.  do you think it will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350104546617&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Re: Tyco RC remote Wanted
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 16:55:35 »
The only issue that I can imagine is if the Indy car actually has a Turbo speed. The remote with that yellow Nascar RC doesn't appear to have a Turbo speed. If the Indy car has Turbo, I'm not sure if it just wouldn't be able to hit the top speed or if the remote would be completely incompatible. I can't confirm that the Indy car has Turbo and I'm not sure how many Tyco vehicles actually did.

I think that remote would work. If you get it, please confirm this for us.

tyco toys

• Silver Level
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 22:04:38 »
Dragon is right. It'll probably work, but the conroller  only has  one forward speed, no "turbo", so your Indy car won't go very fast using that controller.     Basicly you need Tyco controllers  for cars that  take 8 AA batteries  or a 9.6V battery pack.  The car you linked  only takes 4  AA batteries.

eyeamtj

• Copper Level
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 13:11:31 »
anyone find a place to get a remote for this yet?

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 22:24:33 »
your best bet is post a wtb: thread here or ebay man
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

RushB

• Copper Level
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 13:23:22 »
HELP!!! Hello everybody and Happy New Year! I have a Baja Bandit Turbo I just dug out of my closet and IT DOESNT WORK. Wheels turn so the servo functions great but doesn't run. I ran the battery straight to the motor and it works great! I tested a few points on the circuit board and everything seemed to be ok(nothing fried) I am thinking controller issues. Anybody know where to get an extra controller or complete truck? Doesnt have to run as long as controller works. Would be nice to have a parts truck anyways. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Bandit1

• Copper Level
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 19:21:41 »
I sent a message to your email. I do have the other Indy car that I really don't want , contact me when you get this with a number I can contact you at. My email is eyemanewman7@aol.com