Author Topic: CD Giveaways on Fuel Radio and The Refinery Rock Radio  (Read 1290 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
CD Giveaways on Fuel Radio and The Refinery Rock Radio
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:21:10 »
You may or may not know that I've partnered up with the owner/web designer of a couple internet radio stations - Fuel Radio (www.fuelradio.fm) and The Refinery Rock Radio (www.therefineryrock.com). If you like heavy metal, you might just find something that you like. Both sites try to play new and old metal, but The Refinery Rock Radio focuses on Classic Christian Metal, like Stryper, Bloodgood, Whitecross, Tourniquet, and hundreds more, while Fuel Radio is all about the newest Christian metal/rock bands along with metalcore and screamo, like Demon Hunter, Living Sacrifice, Zao, Underoath, As I Lay Dying, and even Flyleaf. I'm pretty sure these are not like your local Christian Radio stations. One slogan that we have, which will be on t-shirts soon is "Playing Christian Rock and Metal that the other stations are just too scared to play!"

Each month we try to have a CD giveaway, which is usually supported by small independent record companies.

At the end of February, on Fuel Radio we're giving away Once Dead's Visions of Hell CD. Fans of Vengeance Rising should find a familiar sound in the band since most of it is made up of former Vengeance Rising members. Devin Shaeffer, the lead singer from Fasedown, joined the group after their reformation which temporarily included Scott Waters from Ultimatum. If you're interested in that, check out the Once Dead CD Giveaway on FuelRadio.fm.

The Refinery Rock Radio is giving away Ascension Theory's Regeneration CD. According to their website, "Ascension Theory was formed as a recording project in 2002 by Tim Becker and Leon Ozug. Tim and Leon both got their start in progessive metal genre in the band Aztec Jade. ... Before mp3.com changed ownership, songs from the album reached as high as #2 on the progressive metal download charts. The album was then picked up by independent label Nightmare Records." If you're interested in that, check out the Ascension Theory CD Giveaway on TheRefineryRock.com.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)