Author Topic: Reaching New Levels on Wii Play Tanks!  (Read 4118 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Reaching New Levels on Wii Play Tanks!
« on: October 08, 2008, 15:20:48 »
My son and I have been playing Tanks! pretty regularly since we got the Nintendo Wii. Yesterday we reached a couple new levels. Prior to yesterday the highest level we had reached was Mission 12.

As a team, yesterday we not only completed Mission 12, but we passed Mission 13 also. We've met the Purple Tanks, which appear to be much faster versions of the Gray Tanks. I'm still not sure what the Red Tanks do specifically, although they may also be an upgrade to the Gray Tanks. Green and Dark Green Tanks are still my most hated.

For single player records, I have destroyed 64 Tanks and my son has destroyed 30. I think he's doing very well at 4 years old.

My biggest complaint is that there are no options in Wii Play to disable the black bars that block portions of the screen if a player isn't aiming properly. Since players actually have to aim using the Wii Remote, my son doesn't always remember to point his Remote at the screen which just happens to blocks my view, usually of a missile that happened to ricochet back toward me. As if the CPU Tanks didn't have enough hiding spots already.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)