Author Topic: CCleaner  (Read 4091 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
CCleaner
« on: March 18, 2010, 12:44:17 »
One of my classmates recently told me about CCleaner. It's the first pc tool that I've come across that is free and fixes the registry problems that it detects. I've checked out a few others in the past that were "free" tools, but most of them just cleaned up a couple things and then said, "you have all these problems, but you need to pay us for more."

As you might know by now, your computer builds up a lot of extra files. It Microsoft sends updates, but doesn't bother to automatically remove the old garbage when it updates... so your computer just keeps getting filled up with junk. Useless registry files clutter things up, and eventually the computer is just slow.

So, since my computer was running slow today while browsing a few of my regular sites, and clearing the cache and temporary internet files in my browser didn't seem to make a difference, I decided to run CCleaner and see what it could do. At this point, I'm impressed. My browser speed was boosted immensely and other applications are opening much faster too!

If you want to try it yourself go to http://www.ccleaner.com/. They offer a few other free tools there too.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

scorcher

• Platinum Level
Re: CCleaner
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:08:31 »
i use something similar /uniblue pack and thats good to
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:15:57 by djdarkforces »
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 16:36:38 »
I'd never heard of that one before. I see that the Powersuite package is $49 now. Do you use that or the free scans?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 04:29:50 »
no full version but i need the new 1 they got out coz im going to windows 7 64bit and and it doesnt work on it i have been told
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021