Author Topic: Suggestion to improve the site - Calendar  (Read 6299 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Suggestion to improve the site - Calendar
« on: November 03, 2008, 11:50:14 »
Just wondering why the Upcoming events listing doesn't have the actual date of said event.  I'd like to be able to wish peoples Happys Birthdays, but I justa dunno. ???
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Suggestion to improve the site - Calendar
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 14:32:50 »
The calendar functions don't provide that information, but I could probably modify them to display the dates. I will work on that when I have some time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just FYI, in case you didn't notice it, the Calendar button will bring up the calendar grid where you can see events and birthdays on the actual dates.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 15:14:25 »
What, that big, huge button right below the listing?  That's too complicated! ::) 

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 20:19:22 »
Apparently it's not noticeable there. Do you think it would help if I made the button blink?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 21:31:41 »
It's actually fine like it is.  I just have a habit of clicking on the thing I see that says the name of the event to find the actual day.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 00:03:31 »
I do that too. I've just gotten used to using the Calendar button. Of course, I put it there, so I knew to click on it after clicking on the wrong thing.

I'll still work on making the change so that the date shows up.... not tonight though.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 20:25:02 »
Ok. Earlier today I added dates to the birthdays that are displayed on the home page. It's not perfect yet, since birthdays appear in reverse order if there are multiples coming up. I could tweak it later so that multiple dates appear in chronological order, but but I think it works ok for the amount of members that we have who are actually active.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 20:41:05 by Dragon »