Author Topic: TANDY//RADIO SHACK .... TURBO FOX .. TOY TO HOBBY GRADE ..CONVERSION  (Read 42552 times)

scorcher

• Platinum Level
some of them 280 motors are quik take a look at this 1 nice mini truck with the rx280 motor in it looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2uUR1meUGY
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

notatoy

• Silver Level
Seems like a small engine only 280, how fast will that make it go? 15 mph?
  not sure of the speed bro ,but its not all about the size of the motor its about power to weight ratio , it a very small car and light weight so it only needs a small motor , but i do expect it to be pretty fast  ;D

notatoy

• Silver Level
some of them 280 motors are quik take a look at this 1 nice mini truck with the rx280 motor in it looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2uUR1meUGY

WOW cool video scorcher .  ohh buy the way i was outbid on that nikko valor  ..lol.. bummer to be honest i think the guy has won it back lol..  ebay is a nightmare now they are all so greedy  :-X

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
WOW!!!! that thing is fast, 32 mph!!!!!!!!!!! that would get a ticket on my street haha
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

notatoy

• Silver Level
WOW!!!! that thing is fast, 32 mph!!!!!!!!!!! that would get a ticket on my street haha
yes its fast but i want at least 40 mph out my fox ha ha  :D ;D

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
wow. haha i just want a car that will go over twenty haha. i read that link wow lipo's are complicated, maybe ill just go to NIMH instead. i have like 10 9.6v nicd batteries so maybe i'll just use them
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

SavedONE

• Bronze Level
Re: TANDY//RADIO SHACK .... TURBO FOX .. TOY TO HOBBY GRADE ..CONVERSION
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 06:32:39 »
-I just saw that vid you posted on Scale 4x4, I have never in my life, seen a donut like that!!!  I didn't know that was you on there.  There is no point in trying to prove a point to those guys, just go with the flow, or the bickering will never end.
-I was surprised that the car in the vid, wasn't faster tho, on the top end.  BB's & aerocar Lube on the gears would really free it up :)

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 08:12:52 »
wow. haha i just want a car that will go over twenty haha. i read that link wow lipo's are complicated, maybe ill just go to NIMH instead. i have like 10 9.6v nicd batteries so maybe i'll just use them

could get ur self somthing like this just need to get ur self some 7.2v packs and a fast charger

http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Losi-Strike-Short-Course-RC-Truck-2-4-RTR-LOSB0105-/190426884598?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item2c5653a9f6

SavedONE

• Bronze Level
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2010, 08:40:18 »
-Schorcher, I've heard nothing good about the Strike, everybody says the trans. is junk, not to ruin your recomendation, I mean the rest of it might be OK tho(?)

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2010, 08:58:03 »
-I just saw that vid you posted on Scale 4x4, I have never in my life, seen a donut like that!!!  I didn't know that was you on there.  There is no point in trying to prove a point to those guys, just go with the flow, or the bickering will never end.
-I was surprised that the car in the vid, wasn't faster tho, on the top end.  BB's & aerocar Lube on the gears would really free it up :)
YES   yaleforscale would be me lol this is the thread you are refering to lol ...  http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53867 to be honest for the most they are a great bunch of guys chris and talon  .. they just have blinkers on is all  when you have  moded as many toys as i have ,you realy do know what works and what does not just a shame that those guys have only ever had dealing with hobby grade r/c  :-\

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 09:47:14 »
-Schorcher, I've heard nothing good about the Strike, everybody says the trans. is junk, not to ruin your recomendation, I mean the rest of it might be OK tho(?)
dunno my friend has had his for about 4  month with out having a problem with it at stock and 7.2v nimh
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:05:12 by scorcher »

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 10:19:53 »
the only problem is i want a fast tyco haha. so i should send notatoy one of mine so he could make it amazingly fast. but i will say i got this hot wheels buggie i guy sold on ebay and it is wicked fast compared to any of my old tycos. its antenna was broke and the body beat up so i painted it, and put a new antenna on it. but it needs new back tires. and the steering should be looked at. its the buggie in this link now i painted it green.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120613044664&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 11:11:24 »
the only problem is i want a fast tyco haha. so i should send notatoy one of mine so he could make it amazingly fast. but i will say i got this hot wheels buggie i guy sold on ebay and it is wicked fast compared to any of my old tycos. its antenna was broke and the body beat up so i painted it, and put a new antenna on it. but it needs new back tires. and the steering should be looked at. its the buggie in this link now i painted it green.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120613044664&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1154
 yes i two have that r/c from hot wheels .lol.. and you are correct it is pretty fast though once again the steering is crappy . also my antenna broke i bought it last year bnib i have messed with it a little  locked the diff  i have also ran it on a 3s lipo and it was outrages . lol.. this is another possible project for me the steering needs attention think i might install hobby grade components once more. it is a pretty neat car and does look like losi mini t . pics next to my turbo fox  ohh you will notice i added a drivers head to the fox  from a tamiya wild willy .lol..            
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:48:28 by notatoy »

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2010, 12:21:11 »
i didn't know it had a bumper! haha my back wheels look nothing like that haha. mine are bare to the bone, mine also lacked the stickers. mine is the 27 mhz version it seems like there is something wrong with the connection between remote and car. sometimes you hear the motor stops but then catches and speeds up.   nice touch with the head in the fox! haha

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2010, 13:23:17 »
i didn't know it had a bumper! haha my back wheels look nothing like that haha. mine are bare to the bone, mine also lacked the stickers. mine is the 27 mhz version it seems like there is something wrong with the connection between remote and car. sometimes you hear the motor stops but then catches and speeds up.   nice touch with the head in the fox! haha
hi bro well it came brand new with a bumper to me lol . i have taken of some stickers fron the side of the body they looked a bit crapp lol  i dont have any problem with the motor and controller but not to sound a know it all thats toy grade electronics for you  :-\  . which is pretty much why i change them out . . though the motor does give good power  . i have just purchased another small hobby grade r/c from ebay  not sure why iam going with the small stuff cause iam a large scale guy .lol. but it does look cool . here it is will post pics when it arrives  thanks ..          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XTM-RAGE-4WD-BUGGY-1-18th-SCALE-READY-RUN-/320582187204?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN