Author Topic: Put your collection here.  (Read 208517 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: Put your collection here.
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2011, 23:10:20 »
now id don't feel special, b/c you have the 4x4 bandit new in box!!! i hove both the red and blue, but no box. what do they actually call the the 4x4?

and i thought my collection was big, but i guess that is why you are the king.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2011, 23:25:32 »
The name of the truck is the "4WD TURBO RACING PICKUP" and it was made in 1988 only. I actually still have the original charger and batteries and they still hold full charge lol, no corrosion whatsoever! Im kinda jealous, youve got the red one. I saw one on ebay a while back and forgot to watch the auction end so I missed it. Ive had this one for about 5 years and its the only one new in box ive ever seen.  Heres a better view of the box

More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2011, 23:30:26 »
that is odd that is the name taiyo gave it normally tyco changes it a little.
preformerpm saw one early last year in box i believe.mine are both mint and havn't been run reallt at all, but i don't have the batteries and charger. and i had to get a remote and make a battery door for my blue one. red one had everything
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2011, 23:48:33 »
Yeah this was before tyco got involved in everything. Literally right after this generation of cars Tyco named everything when they went from AA's to using 9.6v packs and the early 90's graphics on their boxes. I only see these trucks come along every 2 or 3 years. Ive been watching auctions like a hawk and if I happen to see another red one I wont be able to pass it up

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2011, 23:58:13 »
yeah i got my blue one this summer and the red one a few weeks ago. i am just shocked to see the box, and that makes sense the AA cars all have taiyo distinctly on the box, with little flair like the 9.6v models

p.s. check you personal messages.

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2011, 00:08:16 »
From everything I know I believe this is the rarest truck tyco ever made right behind the impossible to find 2nd gen twin turbo lamborghini. Wish there were more of them because I would totally be installing a brushless setup in one if I could get ahold of them easier

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2011, 03:35:09 »
bandit king, arent you the one in the archives with pics of the red bandit with hobby font shocks? if so what parts did you use?

cz, when i seen this post, i seen a small needle attempting to burst my bandit bubble, when i seen the 4x4 with box, i actually heard yours deflating
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2011, 03:41:21 »
at this point, iam thinking maybee i should have bought the one the first part of last year of those 4x4s, and definateley should have kept a shushed mouth on that red on cz picked up, now i may have to be on the search for one
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2011, 08:47:36 »
haha, i just want a twin lambo that runs well.  :-[ i can't seem to get one.

and i believe you are wrong i would say the harley davidsin bandit the did in 1993 i believe is the rarest. schorcher is the only one with one. but then these are.

preform- sadly you are right but i dont think it completely deflated, just got alot! smaller. cause i do still have both haha i got to stay possitive somehow!

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2011, 09:00:00 »
lmao!!! amen to that,
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2011, 11:43:33 »
yeah that was my red bandit that I used team associated rcmt18 parts to convert the suspension over to. I will post some pics here in a bit. As far as rarity goes ive watched the auctions almost every single week for the last 9 years. Heres how many ive seen on ebay in that time:

0- 2nd gen twin turbo lamborghinis

10- 4WD turbo racing pickups

13- 9.6v harley davidson pickups

There were only a handful of the of the Lamborghinis made and just enough for the stores to have them from summer to christmas. The 4wd turbo racing pickup was common for back in the day and was made for a whole year. The harley truck was a limited production rc too but the reason ive probably seen more of them than the 4wd turbo racing pickup is because it has 5 years on the 4wd and that 5 years of them getting broken, lost and thrown away by people who dont know what they have. The first gen twin turbo lambo is still very common but all time most rare, lowest production and hardest to find Tyco would definitely be the 2nd gen twin turbo with the big square remote.

I still remember when I was about 7 walking into toys r us and seeing the outlaw trucks next to the harley trucks. I think the harley was selling for $69.00 and the outlaw was $49.00. I couldnt remember if they were on sale at the time but they were released as soon as they stopped making the bandit. The Harley was supposed to be the next generation of bandit and ended up being the last.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:52:41 by Tyco Bandit King »

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2011, 12:36:41 »
and you sure you not including min harley pick ups, cause ive seen at least three of those in the last year and i got one of them.
now after seeing your 4x4 that make 4 complete ones i've seen plus one that is was just the body being put on a hobby grade chassis.

but i haven't seen any of the 2nd generation lambos either. now i want one.

would you sell an outlaw truck by any chance?

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2011, 13:03:43 »
Ive seen dozens of the mini harley trucks over the years just never thought to buy one. About half of the 9.6v harley trucks ive seen were in the box.

I still wanna kick myself for returning my 2nd gen twin turbo lambo just cause of the wing. Its the only one ive seen since 1998 and probably one of the last ill ever see.

I got your message about the outlaw last night but it logged me out as i sent the reply. I have a mint red outlaw that I might consider selling just need to think of whats fair/what i wanna let it go for. Im gonna dig them out of the rc closet today so i can get new pictures of everything

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2011, 13:38:34 »
sweet! my brother is the reason i got back into this stuff, i wanted to have something to do with him. and the red is the one he likes. but i just wish it would be a 9.6v with the boost.

i got my brother a mint scorcher for christmas, and i think he was kinda dissapointed cause i think he thought it was going to be the outlaw even though he wanted a scorcher

no gunna lie i'm excited to see your collection!

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2011, 13:48:52 »
Ive been into tycos since I was 5 and my neighbors got their bandits, which i own those very ones now. I had lambos, mutators and all kinds growing up and after making some rediculous hobby cars I still prefer my old tyco and radio shack cars. Whats cool is my fiancee totally supports me collecting and doing anything with rc cars so i dont see it slowing down anytime soon.

Im gonna post a ton of pics today since my ive closed the shop for the weekend. I just think its cool to see there are people out there who have the same interest in these cars so id love to share the collection