Author Topic: FAST LANE JEEP GRAND Cherokee  (Read 11693 times)

notatoy

• Silver Level
FAST LANE JEEP GRAND Cherokee
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:29:56 »
hi fellas well a nice suprise yesterday my brother in law was returning home from london  when he give me a call and said i have two r/c jeeps here do you want them . i said of course .lol.. he said i dont know anything about these things there is no remotes but if you want them i will bring them to you great i said so here they are both were fitted with 9.6 volt nicad packs  the jeep bodys have a little damage and the stickers are peeling of but i guess this can be a easy fix some paint and glue .lol.. but the transmitters will be hard to find i could convert them of course to hobby grade electronics as i have done to this type of r/c many times .. ok here they are tell me what you think    :D ;D     

notatoy

• Silver Level
Re: FAST LANE JEEP GRAND Cherokee
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:32:23 »
ohh if anyone has one of these or had one please tell me how they perform on the stock set up thanks  :)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 13:04:00 »
i hate cherokees haha
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

SavedONE

• Bronze Level
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 14:04:55 »
-that'd be super cool w/hobby elects.  Your Mini-T
leftover motor would be great.  I like the Tamiya
"Juggernaut-esque" tires, I wish you lived next door
to me in Pennsylvania, oh the stuff we'd build!!!

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 15:01:36 »
-that'd be super cool w/hobby elects.  Your Mini-T
leftover motor would be great.  I like the Tamiya
"Juggernaut-esque" tires, I wish you lived next door
to me in Pennsylvania, oh the stuff we'd build!!!
I wish i lived next door to bro lol.. i think we would have quite a time with r/c  ;D  you just stole my thoughts with the mini t electronics  the motor is fitted to the mini t but the electronics are in perfect condition and as these jeeps have no remotes iam going to attempt something i have never done before and it  is much like the tuning pot mod in the instructables i posted the mini t runs a 40 mhz band and so does the jeep if i unsolder the pot from the board and install it in the jeep motherboard in theory it should run of the mini t transmitter  at least that how i understand it guess there is only one way to find out  ;)

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 17:41:43 »
well i swaped the tuner pot and nothing  :'( not sure if these electronics are working in these jeeps so it may all be a lost cause , well i have decided to use the axel from one jeep to repair my newbright quade bike i was going to install a hobby grade axel from a tamiya lunch box but i must say this toy jeep axel does look pretty strong it has a locked diff and metal wheel hexes and what looks like a 370 motor or may be a 400 ..  they other jeep i will make a runner with some cheap hobby electronics but thats at the back of the list lol pic of my newbright quad up for repair lol thanks guys

SavedONE

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 20:15:35 »
-I think that the Jeep w/hobby gear in it would be cool.  I have/had(?) a NewBright
F-150 MT & ST, but they're "M-I-A", (I have young nephews).  I gutted the MT, & really
had thought about a Kyosho Mod 380, (years ago).  It'd be a blast w/Mini-T guts, even
the servo.  W/a tiny lipo pk., you can save wt., & space over the 9.6v, & have MUCH MORE
power w/faster charge times!!!

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 04:53:43 »
-I think that the Jeep w/hobby gear in it would be cool.  I have/had(?) a NewBright
F-150 MT & ST, but they're "M-I-A", (I have young nephews).  I gutted the MT, & really
had thought about a Kyosho Mod 380, (years ago).  It'd be a blast w/Mini-T guts, even
the servo.  W/a tiny lipo pk., you can save wt., & space over the 9.6v, & have MUCH MORE
power w/faster charge times!!!
 it would be cool but i have to many projects at the moment lol and besides the chassie on the jeep is realy pretty poor ,i dought it would stand much abuse though i find the gearbox very strong with a 32 pitch gearset  locked diff and brass bushings and hexes. i have striped the gear boxes from the two jeeps , one will be for the newbright quad bike the other may go in the turbo fox   i have kept the body 's for future projects  i have converted many a toy to hobby grade and it does take a combination of things for the conversion to be succesfull  one is the quality of the plastic on the model to be converted .more often than not the stock toy electronics are a big let down and in some cases the gearboxes dont with stand long term heavy useage  .here is a interesting  thread for you SAVEDone  this guy i have know for years and we pretty much taught ech other everything about modding toy r/c to hobby grade i had the same rock crawler and did pretty much the same mods as he only i did it first    ;D 8)..    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8622872/tm.htm
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:44:52 by notatoy »

SavedONE

• Bronze Level
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 13:30:19 »
-I just saw the vid of your NewBright wheel/tire equipped Tamiya-ish truck,
was that brushless?  It really moves!!!  I think the NB tires are a lil' on the slick
side too :)  I came to this site, after the one you gave me the link to, in fact, it's
on my (swollen) fav's list.

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 18:23:50 »
-I just saw the vid of your NewBright wheel/tire equipped Tamiya-ish truck,
was that brushless?  It really moves!!!  I think the NB tires are a lil' on the slick
side too :)  I came to this site, after the one you gave me the link to, in fact, it's
on my (swollen) fav's list.
hi savedONE  the truck you mention is named a bonzer cross tiger , it realy is just a clone of a tamiya tl01 chassie . in the video it was running a stock brushed motor the gearing on these trucks was very high and the fact that i had bigger wheels than stock did not help matters .lol. i later installed smaller buggy type wheels to reduce the high gearing , yes on r/c universe i use to frequent that section but had a bit of a falling out with texx and we don't speak anymore . we pretty much went  our seperate ways , any how some pics of the bonzer cross tiger thanks bro ..       

SavedONE

• Bronze Level
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 00:47:03 »
-that is so cool looking, & FAST too!!!  I'm really surprised that it's stock,
& overgeared in that vid.  It'd probly wind-out at about 30mph on those
big NB tires :)  In RC, I stick to all 1/10 scale, everything interchanges (w/
in reason).  Cool setup!!!  Yeah, I saw the name Texx on that other toy
forum.

notatoy

• Silver Level
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 04:36:47 »
-that is so cool looking, & FAST too!!!  I'm really surprised that it's stock,
& overgeared in that vid.  It'd probly wind-out at about 30mph on those
big NB tires :)  In RC, I stick to all 1/10 scale, everything interchanges (w/
in reason).  Cool setup!!!  Yeah, I saw the name Texx on that other toy
forum.
thanks savedONE i think it looks faster than it is lol.. these were over geared from the manufacturer  so much so that if you changed out the stock motor they would burn out in a short space of time the tl01 chassie is realy ment for touring cars with small wheels .and not monster truck , most got round the high gearing problem buy fitting brushless motors no comm to burn out  ;) there is a hole thread dedicated to this truck over at rcu ...   thanks ,,    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4964793/anchors_4964793/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#4964793