Author Topic: The Flood on Fuel Radio  (Read 1948 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
The Flood on Fuel Radio
« on: November 02, 2010, 00:24:47 »
For the past 3 months I've been too busy to do much on FuelRadio.fm - an internet radio station/website that I've been involved with for almost 2 years now. Prior to July I was running a weekly broadcast for one hour called "The Flood" - an all request hour. It was a lot of fun, but took some dedication of time and some quick thinking at times because I was managing the stations audio system by myself for that hour. Initially it was quite a challenge, since I had never done anything like that before, but after a while I had a method down and everything had a good flow. I knew when to queue up tracks in order to play things at the top and bottom of the hour and I even got to a point where I would record a little audio clip to insert into the show WHILE I was running the show. (Since I don't have a microphone hooked directly to that audio server, my way to get around that problem was to record an MP3, upload it to the server, then add that audio clip to the play list.)

Now, I'm getting back to my computer a little more in the evenings, so I'll be resuming The Flood on FuelRadio.fm. It's not for the faint of heart, since it is the heaviest stuff in Christian metal today. Our slogan is that we are "playing Christian rock and metal that the other stations are just too scared to play!" If that statement doesn't scare you off though, I hope you'll check out our station, and especially join me on Thursday evenings.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: The Flood on Fuel Radio
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 06:55:33 »
Yup...you scared me away.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (** Runs screaming down the hall **)

Have FUN with it.  Sounds cool!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 21:50:43 »
 ;D   Yeah, I enjoy it. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it this Thursday. 
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Hamon

• Copper Level
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 04:03:48 »
Hm it is awesome. I have enjoyed it a lot.