Author Topic: TicketMaster  (Read 2360 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
TicketMaster
« on: May 09, 2008, 18:14:06 »
My tickets came in today for the Demon Hunter/Living Sacrifice show. About 1/3rd of the total price went straight to TM! Isn't their any other place for bands to sell tickets through?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: TicketMaster
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 19:24:07 »
Yeah....I hate ticket-scalper.  >:(

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 22:19:47 »
with most shows I think you can buy tickets at the venue and cut out ticketbastard.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:24:43 »
I was thinking about waiting to see if I could get them at the venue, but I didn't want to risk the show being sold out before I got there.

By the way, thanks for joining the new forum. I've updated your profile to reflect your previous post count. (I haven't decided what I want to do with Ranks yet, so is still displaying default ranks.)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 01:31:51 »
I was thinking about waiting to see if I could get them at the venue, but I didn't want to risk the show being sold out before I got there.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've done that and been surprised when shows sell out.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 13:50:16 »
I recently bought tickets to Cruefest, at the Ford Amphitheater. The tickets were on sale for $10 each. Except for the $10 extra in fees.
When I got there to park, nobody was taking any money for parking. That is when I remembered, $6 of the fee was parking.
Now this seems a bit extreme, I can see paying $5 for parking, or even $10, I guess. BUT, $6 a person is ridiculous. If I have four people going, $24 for parking. Insane.

Still, $20 for a lawn seat at a good concert now days is not too bad.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 18:30:07 »
There was a Metallica concert that I went to once riding with 5 other people. That definitely seems crazy to charge for parking on the ticket.