Author Topic: sorry to the Bandit lovers.  (Read 6437 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
sorry to the Bandit lovers.
« on: December 29, 2010, 16:59:02 »
so today i recieved my two elinimators, and with them came a 27mhs remote. finally i could run my baja bandit and see why people liked these trucks. before i ran this i had ran only the 4x4 bandits, and a wild thing which i was told was the same as the bandits. the 4x4's are nice but the acceleration stunk and being only 8AA's cars i knewa battery pack would show more power. then the wild thing was good but nothing super inpresive, it goes really slow in reverse. so i figured Bandits weren't all that they were cracked up to be. so i see a baja for sale and get it pretty cheap and can't run it for lack of controller, so i get the eliminators which have the right remote with.FINALLY i try the bandit, and here i come to realize why there is such a great love for these beatutiful gifts from god. i only had it on low at this point in my living room! so i rushed outside and kicked it in high gear boy oh day the acceleration is great and it is such  a quick little bugger!
So this is my apology for ever doubting the bandit and to all the bandit lovers i am sorry. but just like you i have fallen for....the Bandit. ;D
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: sorry to the Bandit lovers.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 17:38:05 »
alright so no i've had the chance to charge up a battery and run the eliminator. I almmost died at how fast it was!!!! it is even quicker that the bandit! i hate to say it but i think ilike it better than my baja bandit!!!  :o
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

bandit01

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 18:53:21 »
i think the newer turbo bandits are faster then the older baja bandits

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 19:48:23 »
hmm. interesting. i probably couldn't tell the differance between a new and old just looking at them,

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 22:48:37 »
i think bandit01 is right on this, my old red baja bandit-i believe i bought from bandit 01- didnt seeam as fast as the newer ones, also theres a difference in the gears between the older and newer ones, my baja had a louder whine and when you let off the button it would almost stop immediateley, where the newer ones coast a bit more , but there still fast and have alot more take off blls than the eliminator.

as for the eliminator being fast, yep mines faster than any of my bandits but they dont have near the take off as a bandit. on carpet my bandits in hi will do a wheelie on the bumper in hi if you hit reverse and forward real quick, the eliminator only does that in lo gear.

those eliminators sound cool tho when you push the turbo function down, they dont have the gear noise just a humm
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 00:04:04 »
i couldn't get it to wheelie too much, the baja. just a little. i didn't try to wheelie the eliminator.

but the blaster i put together today is the wheelie king!

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 02:52:56 »
iam betting the 4x4s are probally the slowest of the bunch in the tycos you posted except maybee that harley truck
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 09:13:29 »
ye all tyco 4x4s are slower and have less speed than the 2wd but the 4x4 do also have a advantage get the 4x4 and 2wd bandits on some nice long grass or rough ground see which 1 is faster then   :D

i think it was the hi jacker that had the rx mabushi motor and there pretty darn fast it will doughnut all day any gear on smooth floors

ye the blaster is a wheelie monster best tyco car i seen for wheelies
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 10:10:16 »
yeah i think it was you who wanted the blastr body? not sure but i just just to see what it would do so i put it together haha!

bandit01

• Bronze Level
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 16:16:39 »
they do wheelie good if you hit rev then fwd  but that is also what strips the gears out.

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 16:53:58 »
well i dunno, my driver bandits move around in the grass pretty good, upto about 21/2 inches it moves right along

the bandit owns.....lol

no really the fast traxx kicks the bandits azz and its 4x4 counterpart, but id sure like to see that twin aero hopper move
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 20:08:56 »
the twin aero hopper is to light. it spins out on pavement, maybe when its warmer i can do videos for all to see showing the half traxx vs. the fast traxx, fast traxx vs. super fast traxx. and all the hoppers and trucks vs. another.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 21:18:04 »
scorcher i found out that the gears are stripped in the parts eliminator, and almost all the wires have been pulled from the cicurt board, so i don't know if the board works, but if it does i'll put the bacl of the black wild thing on it to see if it makes it super fast being an eliminator board and a bandit/hopper geared back end.

p.s. i took the blaster out not on a fully charged battery and got it to ride out a 30+ foot long wheelie draggin the tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best part it was in high gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i could get it to do it in low haha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 05:53:31 »
next aero hopper hits ebay iam gettin it
wish that guy woulda re listed that black one
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 11:26:25 »
ye bandit01 is right doing it tha way will strip the gears wha i do is lift the front end a few inches off the ground and time it so that just as you hit the power get ur hand out of the way and it will just wheelie along its sort of cheating a bit but saves the gears  ;D

ye i wanted the blaster body great for wheelies and i like the style  :)
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021