Author Topic: E-Maxx  (Read 6186 times)

derelicte

• Silver Level
E-Maxx
« on: December 30, 2010, 14:53:16 »
Got an E-Maxx (3906) for Christmas. Decided to get back into the RC world since I have a few friends who have them. Upgrades so far: Aluminum skid plate & heavy duty drive shafts. Hope to upgrade to steel driveshafts soon and eventually get a brushless motor. Have plans to build a track in my backyard also. :D
A man's perception creates his own reality.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: E-Maxx
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 18:50:12 »
Yeah, it was very cool. Derelicte came over to help me with my car and show off his E-Maxx. Years ago I had a T-Maxx, which is the original, gas-powered version, of this electric monster. It was cool taking the E-Maxx out to the park and having some fun running it around and jumping over some little hills. A track made especially for these little monsters would be very cool. Maybe soon I'll be able to get one of my old Traxxas trucks running again.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:47:39 »
SWEEET them e-maxx trucks are monstrous with there twin motors even at stock nice buy
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:30:10 by scorcher »
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

derelicte

• Silver Level
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 16:27:44 »
To date, I have broken 3 drive shafts now. So I ordered the steel ones on ebay. Those should be bulletproof. Then, I'll go from there with upgrades.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 16:39:51 »
wow three already beating it up?
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

derelicte

• Silver Level
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 01:42:09 »
Got steel drive shafts now, AND . . . a brushless Mamba Monster motor.  8) This thing is rated at 5hp. (As much as a Briggs & Stratton engine!) Only cost me $269.99 + tax. LOL. But now this thing screams! It'll spin the tires so fast that they balloon up.

derelicte

• Silver Level
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 01:49:07 »
Before (minus 1 motor).
After

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 08:45:20 »
them mambas are a beast of a motor big in size aint they
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 22:07:43 »
The best thing you can do for that emaxx now is put a spool in the front. I brushlessed mine and ran an 11.1 lipo and the only problem it had was one tire in the front would always try to balloon up at high speed cause all it takes is a little traction loss from one and the whole truck goes out of control. I put a spool in mine and it kept the front wheels spinning even. You will literally gain 30mph+ from a spool, otherwise 40mph is about all you will see out of it. A good weight in the front will also help top speed because it wheelies like a bastard above 40mph.

I actually got my vxl stampede to go from 67mph to 74mph using a small brick piece in the front
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

derelicte

• Silver Level
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 23:33:35 »
Thanks for the tips. I'll look into the spool after I get steel axles and lipos. Actually I already have most of the weight toward the front. Kinda hard to tell, but what looks like the front in pix is actually the rear. Notice the locatio of the steering servo. Still wheelies up pretty easily.

Anyway, check out my latest vid. http://www.youtube.com/user/lightsnsirenz?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/0REelhruXRA