Author Topic: happy new years!  (Read 11450 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: happy new years!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 14:52:52 »
yeah don't have one of them.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 17:06:42 »
Yeah, so far my son, 7, has similar interests that I do... with the exception that he has practically no interest in the computer. He likes board games, video games, r/c cars, and has tons of toy guns. He also likes to draw and color. My daughter, almost 8, seems interested in computers and some games, but definitely isn't drawn to my hobbies at the degree that my son is.

By the way, do you have any New Years Resolutions? This year I'd like to get at least one of my old Traxxas R/C trucks running again and try to get my son involved in the build up. On the gaming/programming side of things I'd like to get another online game developed... something that I had started last year but never completed. There's so many different ways to do things and trying to learn a new way to do stuff makes development much harder, but at the same time, new projects are what help people develop their skills, no matter what it is. (I watched a show about making pottery one time and the guy said, "Just plan on throwing out your first 100 projects." With that thought in mind, I need to keep making more things, because in some ways I haven't even hit that number yet.)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 19:43:51 »
resolutions

1. girlfriend and i want to start running/working out together(i hate running she kinda likes it)

2. be nicer to little brother/be slower to anger with him.

3. build a hobby grade r/c car, to better understand so that i can modify some tycos.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 14:22:25 »
you both got a few resolutions

no more stunts on any motorcyclyes especially motor x bikes to many injuries all the time and my girlfriend said she wants me around to see the kids grow up i wont stop riding off road tho  :P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 14:40:21 by scorcher »
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 23:58:42 »
haha maybe a 4 wheeler instead?

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 08:42:21 »
i have thought about getting a 4wd buggy dunno yet tho
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021