Author Topic: The end of an era....  (Read 5301 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
The end of an era....
« on: December 31, 2010, 00:05:50 »
Something major is changing in my life.  I have had Wendy as my spouse for the past 20 years.  I met her when I was 20 and we fell in love and got married and have three wonderful children.

On November 15th, Wendy told me she had drawn up the papers for divorce.  I begged her to stay and told her I would change, which I have done.  We were going to counseling, but it was pretty clear that Wendy was done.  So I gave her an ultimatum this morning.  Either she was going to give counseling 100% or let's just call it now.

We've decided to end our marriage after 18 years.  I am sad, and unsure of what the future holds...but I can guarantee I'll be making more time for you guys.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: The end of an era....
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 00:10:46 »
i am truely sorry, to hear this. i know i don't know you but i would never want to give up on 20 years of my life. I'm sorry it had to come to this for you two. may the lord help you through this time and guide you and protect you and yur children.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 00:13:28 »
My heart is heavy thinking of what you must be going through during this 'holiday' season.
If you need my number, I'm more than willing to listen to anything that may help you make it through this trying time.
Keep your head up, this is just another crossroads in the book of Wyldwing. While hard to take the first few steps, before long you'll look back on this fork in the road from a distance.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 20:59:08 »
Sorry to hear about this. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 21:36:21 »
My deepest sympathies for you, man.

The most important thing is to make sure your children are cared for emotionally, and to talk to them as long as they need about what's going on.  All your youngest kids really know is unconditional, familial love.  When that starts to splinter, it's important they know where they stand in that.

Also, if you want to move to Atlanta, there is still an empty apartment in my building. ;)
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 19:08:31 »
Are you inviting me to live with you, Chris...?  I'm so flattered!!!  I...well...I just don't know what to say...all those moments gaming next to you, yearning for you to hit on me...and now...well...OK...YES!!!  Oh...what will I wear?  ;D

I can't leave the kids.  Otherwise I would haul my ass back to Cali.  If I did that, I'd have to bring the Birds with me!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 23:48:18 »
 :o I believe the invitation was to live adjacent to me... but I can sympathize with your 'any port in a storm' attitude.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"