Author Topic: whats wrong with this tyco hi jacker on ebay?  (Read 3964 times)

stan

• Gold Level
whats wrong with this tyco hi jacker on ebay?
« on: January 01, 2011, 19:32:10 »
doesnt look real and it takes 4 AA?

mine is 9.6v and doesnt look that cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/TYCO-HI-JACKER-RC-CAR-/150541019453?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item230cf1a93d

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: whats wrong with this tyco hi jacker on ebay?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 19:44:53 »
In 1994 the Mini Hi-Jacker was released. That took 4 AA batteries in the car and a 9-volt in the transmitter. Other than the stickers being stripped off, this looks right for being a legitimate Mini Hi-Jacker to me.

One thing I'd be concerned about though is the transmitter. I can't tell if there is a button for the body-popping feature.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 19:57:11 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 11:49:58 »
Just for comparisons, here are the results for that auction of the Mini Hi-Jacker

Ended: Jan 01, 201121:45:16 PST
Winning bid: US $24.10 [ 3 bids ]
Shipping: $8.00 USPS Parcel Post
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:55:59 »
the mini hi jacker doesnt have a button to pop up you push the body down it pops up and push it down again for the body to go lower
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 17:09:06 »
Ok. The catalog that I have shows a remote that looks like it has a button for that. Probably a mistaken photo... or I'm just looking at it wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

turbobandit

• Bronze Level
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 21:53:41 »
The 9.6V version has a red button on top of transmitter that will raise the body.