Author Topic: Dealers catalog from 1980's- 1990's-photos  (Read 98585 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: Dealers catalog from 1980's- 1990's-photos
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 02:16:33 »
haha! that is great! hmm 1993, yeah i was 1 not going to remember much, i remember the rebound in the maximum heat series, but that was 1998 when i can really remember them, and then they just started getting really junky. can you believe my mom bought my super fast traxx in 1994 to give to me when i got older?! she even got it on clearance
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 02:28:00 »
Yeah 98 was the last year of any real tyco before mattel started to take over. Really 96 was the last of the year of the cool tyco cars before they ruined all the coolness about them.

Thats an awesome story, talk about lucky. I got my first super fast traxx because my friends across the street who's parents bought them everything got them one for no reason. They played with it a couple times then put it in the closet. I used to bring a charged 7.2v over every time to play with it lol. About 6 years ago I went over there and was talking about it to my friend and he just gave it to me. I played with it till I broke the reverse on one side and someone bought it from me for $100. I still regret selling it
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 02:33:44 »
haha, well, i have an extra and a partial one!

but yeah i hate how my mom buys junk and keeps it forever, but it was worth it cause she got this. did you know they made a orange and green stickered version of it? when they got it there was one pink and one orange, and my dad insisted on the orange cause it was manly, but my mom got the pink one cause she liked it, and cause the box was damaged on the orange and green one. i've never seen one. but my dad recalls it clearly.

he remembers it well cause he thought spending 50 dollars on a toy was outrageous
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 02:41:59 »
Hmmm, I might be interested in one of them

Dude she made an awesome find and at an awesome price. I remember going to toys r us and seeing the fast traxx in the big glass case with the Nikko Thor, Trailblazer, Tacoma, Iron eagle and a few more cars. They first had the Super Fast Traxx listed for $199!!!

Yeah I remember there being more than one color of the fast traxx and I belive they made a handful of them in the colors they did in the regular version, but the black and pink is the most common. I know over seas they made them in different colors than the ones here.

If you dad knew what he was buying at the time im sure he would have bought everyone they had. Parents just dont understand till they see what these things are actually worth.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 02:52:11 »
well, the super fast traxx i got is from 1992, they got it at a boscovs clearance tent sale. i've never seen the super fast traxx in any other color. just think how much the orange and green would be worth!

i know that they made the regular fast traxx in the super fast traxx stickering across seas, but with pink rims, and it was taiyo stickered. pendemic was trying to buy it but he couldn't get the language figured out. i would have payed good money for that, it would have looked amazing next to my sf traxx.

i will say if i'm ever in texas again i will make a point to come see your shop and collection and the catologs haha. by any chance are you near the GAIN headquarters? they are a charity that send food and clothing across seas. i'm not sure where they are.

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 03:06:42 »
The green and orange super fast traxx looked just like the half traxx in green and orange, to give you an idea. Ive seen one go on ebay but I cant remember how much it went for its been so long since.

I couldnt find them online so im really not too sure. If you have a city or more specific name I might be able to look. If your ever in the area your more than welcome to stop by, I have a Toyota 4Runner shop and usually working on an rc car if im not busy. I keep the collection at the house on a display wall and stacked high in a closet

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 03:15:19 »
i'll ask my sisters work at the PA brach but are going down there to, get more training. and Gain is the name.

my dad told me it was orange, with the green lining. but there is another rare one, a half traxx i don't know of anyone else that has one besides me. and line is older than 92. it was before the frequency stickers were black with the three little colored boxes.

so you run a toyota shop but your truck looks like a ford, and you had a ferrari in the shop? haha no toyotas in sight

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 03:15:46 »
Now that I think about it, that same friend has a black micro bandit sitting in a box somewhere, never used. I should have grabbed it too long ago, hope they havent tossed it. Might have to call him on it

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 03:19:21 »
is the micro bandit or a mini bandit the size of the outlaw?

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 03:28:48 »
yep, i remember around christmas of 90, i had just turn 10 and i got a nikko black thunder, not to be confused with the other nikko black thunder hilux truck like the thor but the black ford truck body with the switch that started it up and made engine sounds it did run off 7.2 volts but it was not real fast on take off, at the time i thought it was fast, then after christmas break i think every kid in class got a bandit and belive me, you talk about getting kicked to the curb for having anything other than the bandit, however i thought obviously they were just not wise to how much cooler my nikko was to there bandits, until one day the bandit commercial came on which was the first time i seen a bandit, talk about staring defeat in the face!!!

i broke the black thunder a few weeks later and accorse went to trade in for a new one and got back to the toy section of walmart to find one and found a whole shelf full of a red and black bandits but at a hefty 20 bucks more my folks told me get bent and get what ya had...the bandit eluded me for nearly 20 more years, i did however get the pleasure of having some of the other tycos that came out in the 90s but, the 90s was the best years for tycos, with the mutator being the begining of the end as far as im concerned, had that one too when new
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 03:34:52 »
Yeah they made the half traxx from 90-92. 91 was when they changed to the color coded stickers to identify them and all the cars had the ability to steer without having to use forward or reverse.

Yeah I have had anything but a Toyota since I opened the shop and thats what everyone tells me. The truck in my picture is actually a 1991 GMC Syclone, very rare it was a turbo charged and AWD truck that if you remember was faster than the ferrari 348 and testarossa and the corvette ZR-1 back in the day. This one is number #1219 of 3000 made.

The Ferrari in the picture is actually one that I built 2 years ago when I worked for a ferrari restoration/tuning shop. That is the fastest ferrari in the world by record, set the record at 296mph AA/BMS class car. It was just featured on top gears website where it ran 275mph this last year, same car I have the picture of the bandit on. It was a originally a 308 GTB converted to a 288 GTO replica

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 03:35:03 »
about the time of the re release of the rebound late 90s or 2000 ish tyco made a r/c called the assasin, that was the latest cool r/c they made, it was a late model camaro body on a off road chassis with the same tires and wheels as the rebound only the assasins wheels were chrome plated, it was 9.6v and only had 1 gear but it was comparable in speed to the older tycos and would wheelie from take off
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 03:44:05 »
I was just about to say, the mutator was the very last of the generation. In christmas of 96 I got a black new bright 9.6v f150 with the high and low gears, at the time it was $100 and I just loved the way it looked, well i took it out to this ravine at a church that had about 1 foot deep of water. The truck floated across and amazingly drove out of the ravine. I thought it was soooo cool i kept doing it over and over. Well I got back home and it stopped working so I took it back to toys r us and they ran out of them so the only thing cool I could find in my price range was a purple mutator. I had seen the commercials so I was kind of pumped about it. I still have it today

CZ: that blue f150 you have was at toys r us in 96 the same time my black one and mutator were.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 03:47:55 »
ahh, okay it was hard to tell what kind of truck it was from how small the picture is. i will have to go look at the top gear web site.

hopefully my electrical engineering degree can be tied in with automotive things, i originally wanted to go into restoration but its not an opening feild

i like the chevy luv truck haha. but with an open bed. but my dream car would be a chevy camaro z28 70-73 green with white or black racing stripes, or a custom purple blue tone.

i've never seen an assasin but what about the fugitive? it has the mutator body but its a monster truck. there was a late 80's model body camaro monster truck kinda thing on ebay but it was a radioshack or new bright

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 03:49:50 »
i got my mutator the christmas of 96 purple too, not sure what happend to it.

the new brights had just started coming out at that time, my bro in law bought a big 4x4 jeep, while i had a rebound-around 95- my rebound owned his azz no matter what the obstacle
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator