Author Topic: eBay auctions for TYCOS (2011)  (Read 74446 times)

mstana

• Silver Level
Re: eBay auctions for TYCOS (2011)
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2011, 21:12:14 »
whats the black traxx car you got with the tri wheel traxx, looks nikko??

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2011, 21:32:24 »
that's a video i found on youtube. the guy is in poland. i left a comment on his vid to see if he will repond so i can get some specs on those. a couple of them i recognize but others never seen before. my nikko collection used to be as big as his but as all my cars broke i got rid of them. Now i know nothing is going to be made forever, or they turn the new ones into cheaply made versions of what was once great products. caugh caugh honda civics caugh caugh.

mstana

• Silver Level
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2011, 22:12:20 »
haha  :D i found it out, its a nikko fight dragon, he has a vid of it

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2011, 22:25:17 »
i just found it too that thing is awesome!

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2011, 05:25:29 »
Yep they were the same as thor but they just put that motor noise maker in it and changed the body from purple to black and re-stickered it lol,,,and yeah it was fun back then but under powered,,and i remember that little red booger with the red wheels,,,it was fast from what i remember,one of my friends had one,, it would tear through tall grass with no problem,,i remember it smoked my bandit real well lol,,i was mad as *censored* but never saw one in the stores back then trust me i looked.
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2011, 08:44:16 »
my mom got me and my brothers rc cars one christmas. she got my brother the nikko sears lobo flash and me a new bright jeep renegade 4x4. My brother wasn't really into rc so i drove his car mostly. anyone who has owned a new bright knows they break really easily and i'm surprised my jeep lasted as long as it did but my brothers nikko lasted years and years longer and had no problems until it stopped getting power to the truck. looking back at it now being 27 i now would have went through a little troubleshooting and may have been old connector...anyway that thing smoked anything on the block except a tamiya grasshopper my neighbor had. now that truck we're talking about, i saw it once at kb toys and i was thinking that looks exactly like my bros lobo flash just different color so i know they made a nikko version (i'm pretty sure i remember the name, raider) and a sears version. back then there were soo many memorable rc cars but i had no idea at the time that i was living in the time of the best rc cars they would ever have. Now i can't think of any toy class rc car made these days that i will remember in 10 years.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2011, 17:28:03 »
I couldn't agree more,,,,they make some of the dumbest crap today,,,even my own 7 and 9 year olds think there dumb,,whoever had the idea at tyco/mattel to make a giant RC mosquito thing or a RC spider robot needs to be slapped upside the head period
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2011, 23:07:38 »
yeah i'm not sure who changed first. did rc change because poeple stopped wanting them or did people stop wanting them because because rc changed. try to go out and find a stock toy rc that will have a kid occupied for hours on end. maybe the technology of hobby cars were putting them into extinction. i mean the hobby cars started to become easily available, newbie friendly, and when you broke them, you fixed them. I think the tycos started dissapearing right around the time the rtr traxxis bandit showed up and hobby took over from there.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2011, 10:05:29 »
Yeah i think it was the tech and price of the hobby cars something on the lower end of the hobby poll could be had for around $150 to $200 and some of the top of the line nikko's and tyco's were over $100 and like you said if something broke on a hobby car or truck you could fix it,,hell we had to fix our tyco and nikkos etc.with whatever we could find and loved it, if it couldn't be fixed put it back in the box and take it back to the store for a new one,once parts where easily available at that price mark for hobby grade stuff it was game over pretty much and the toy company's started thinking way way out the box for RC ideas,,,hell under the box and drunk on top of the box lol,,,i mean who wanted a monster truck that turns into a snake and spits water ????? A kid wants a monster truck to do exactly what its supposed to do and what he or she See's on TV do wheelies and crush cars,,,,even at all the toy r us in my area the glorious glass isle that used to be filled with the most awesome rc's is full of freaking built Lego kits !!!,,,,the whole thing and in every one,,, breaks my heart everytime still lol
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

poptart

• Gold Level
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2011, 16:46:41 »
wife decided today she wants to move out so going to be struggling with bills so putting my scorcher on ebay within the next couple days.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2011, 20:17:43 »
Woah man very very sorry to hear that,,,unless its better for you ,,ill definitely be bidder
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2011, 21:53:49 »
bipolar women...she didn't mension anything about it being a trial seperation til way way later. anyway, putting it up for auction either way since i dont know what's happening and family comes first. of course I'll put some of that money aside for when i find the right nikko since in all fairness i had a nikko long long long before i met her so nikkos was there first.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2011, 12:02:34 »
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

poptart

• Gold Level
Hit it Mr.butters!!!