Author Topic: outlaw hobby car, faster than 9.6v turbo cars  (Read 26658 times)

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
outlaw hobby car, faster than 9.6v turbo cars
« on: January 06, 2011, 00:40:48 »
I just started building the outlaw up to be a hobby car and just now finished the steering. I will be installing the electronics in it tonight and should have it up and goin

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 14:16:41 by Tyco Bandit King »
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
Re: outlaw hobby car in progress
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:48:38 »
Finished it last night and boy does it haul ass haha. I just have to fix the left hub thats been broken since ive got it.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 13:04:29 »
how can the original gears handle all that power?
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 13:23:57 »
what motor is used in this with all the hobby electronics
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 16:03:45 »
Actually, low gear was stripped out before I got it lol. High gear seems to be a lot tougher.

Since you have to press the wheels off to get the motor out I just left it stock. Currently I'm running the stock voltage which is 7.2v and because of the speed control it's much faster. This is a good way to put it, before it struggle on carpet in high gear. Now it can haul ass across carpet.

The speed control will handle 8.4v so if I get brave I might run one and see what Itl do

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 20:44:14 »
i'm really surprised it isnt stripped already.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 21:20:07 »
As easy as the low gear went out you would think so but the high gear seems to be doing good. I had it out tonight on the street and its at least as fast as a bandit in low gear. If I do run into any problems with it ill pull off an old tamiya mini straight axle and fix the problem.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 21:49:46 »
alright but dont do this to the one i want to buy haha. you may add lights though! ;D

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 23:33:31 »
I got the steering much tighter so now it handles really good. Ive been driving it for the last 30 mins. On wood floors it will actually go faster with the motor in the back because it gets traction. Also with the motor in the back it will hold a nice drift. I took it outside and it was booking it out there. Im just itching to race it against a stock one to see how much faster it is.

Since the wheels like to spin inside the tires it really saves the gear box and almost serves as a traction control lol.

Dont worry I wont modify any original or rare working tyco like this haha, it is cool to see this one back on the road and running like most 9.6v cars

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 23:39:30 »
yes, i might need you for creating a sweet present for my dad. haha!  i would love to see this little truck be faster than any stock tyco. that would be sweet, having tyco races and you pull out this tiny little one.

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 03:49:32 »
if you were gonna replace a motor in a bandit witha hobby brushed motor, which one would you choose? im thinking since i have 2 bandits, i wanna first do one similar to what you done with the outlaw plus a new motor , then move onto the brushless bandit, im just not sure what size motor will fit inside the stock bandits housing. i think i will beable to make the gears last a bit since it will mainly be used for speed out in the street and not so much to play with in the yard with alot of forward and reverse moves, also my bandits wheels spin inside the tire also a tad bit, that and along with a digital proportianal set up i think i can ease into it.

i wanna see if i can get the first bandit to run between 20-25 mph, both bandits wheel have the shock mods, and im trying to look at a good starting point of adding some oil filled shocks to the back too, main reason, these bandits stock get kinda loose a full speed, i cant imagine adding 10 mph to that
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 11:16:35 »
yeah i noticed that with the wild things.

p.s. preformer i now have two nice working wild things, yellow and black.

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 13:19:37 »
bandit king, what do you think about the idea of putting a stock type rc18t esc/reciever/micro servo in a bandit with a either stock or something like the fireball 280? would it make a very big difference in speed? looks like stock the rc 18 runs 10-15 i was thinking about the losi mini t stuff but it looks like the servos are limited so i scratched that idea but it was cool the esc/reciever were all in one.

lastly would just the electronics from the rc18 make a difference since it looks like 7.2 volts from what i can tell. accorse im think of trying 9.6v.

in any case i wanna make it where it uses the original battery compartment and looks like it came that way.

my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 13:20:35 »
cz, if ya dont get the twin aero working, i stumbled onto a 2 motor esc, i canm only imagine that thing would fly
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 14:28:47 »
it runs. since i changed out the plastic pieces but it still doesn;t straiten out like it should but i really think i will sell it. and i'm going to sell my 8 AA's hopper. i'm not really a hopper guy, i will trade you the twin hopper for the lambo!! =] haha