Author Topic: Bandit Turbo Part/Fix Help  (Read 11899 times)

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
Bandit Turbo Part/Fix Help
« on: January 15, 2011, 19:24:31 »
Got my old bandit out the other day. The battery was shot so ordered some new ones. Charged it up and it would only turn one way and not reset without moving the wheels by hand. So I took it apart seeing if it was a contact problem, dirt etc. Anyways I wiped the buildup off the green circuit board inside of the (part pictured below). Now the motor spins out of control as soon as you plug the battery back in. Any idea how to fix it? If not does anyone have a extra one of these parts they can sell? Will suck to rewire it but better then nothing. Wanted to play with it, with my 2 year old. She loved it going back in forth but not much fun it you can't turn ;) So any help would be great, thanks

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
Re: Bandit Turbo Part/Fix Help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 21:28:31 »
Ive got several cars from the bandit chassis that have working electronics and I will be converting to hobby cars. I could sell you the complete electronics that way you can just drop them in and go.
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 21:40:17 »
Ive got several cars from the bandit chassis that have working electronics and I will be converting to hobby cars. I could sell you the complete electronics that way you can just drop them in and go.

Cool man let me know what you come up with.
I was talking with a friend and he dropped off a old Nikko truck thinking the parts might would work but there not even close, tires might work though for a upgrade. ;D

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 01:59:25 »
bandit king probaly has ya covered, but if not, i have a 49 mhz board and remote in case yours is 27, i may have a servo alone too, but not sure
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

hobby graded suspension bandit

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 09:29:17 »
bandit king probaly has ya covered, but if not, i have a 49 mhz board and remote in case yours is 27, i may have a servo alone too, but not sure

Mine is a 49 mhz.

Got out my Tyco Indy car too, it's not quite as much fun as the bandit. Sit's way too low and can't drive it in the house as well.

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 16:15:48 »
if yours is 49 mhz, then i can only assume you have a red bandit or older baja bandit? post a pic either way but especially if ya got a red one
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 16:39:24 »
if yours is 49 mhz, then i can only assume you have a red bandit or older baja bandit? post a pic either way but especially if ya got a red one

Nope it's black. It's in parts right now but I'll snap a pic here later and post.

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 09:06:10 »
Here is a pic of it apart. It needs cleaned up bad. Was going to do it yesterday but wife wanted it off kitchen table. Since i don't have parts to fix it yet might as well wait.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:41:04 »
is the chrome bumper still in tact?
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 10:45:28 »
Yea it still has the chrome bumper.
I was looking at the pic, damn it's dirty. It sat on a shelf for probably a good 10 years before i boxed it up, and that was where it's been for the last 7 years.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:44 »
no flat spots on the tires?
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 11:00:11 »
no flat spots on the tires?

Not that I noticed. I'll check them back out tonight.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 11:04:15 »
i just thought if its been sitting for so long it might have some

performerrpm

• Platinum Level
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 15:02:51 »
they do seam to get flat spots in them, you will know right off when ya get it goin, it will bounce everywhere
my current r/cs

bad boy black bandit-40+

nib red bandit

red bandit in box

black bandit stock

black fast traxx truck

eliminator

lagalaxy8

• Copper Level
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 16:06:51 »
they do seam to get flat spots in them, you will know right off when ya get it goin, it will bounce everywhere

Then if that's the case i'll say no. Because it didn't the little i drove it the other day.