Author Topic: Mr. Sunshine  (Read 1108 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Mr. Sunshine
« on: February 14, 2011, 02:22:24 »
I was not expecting this show to be good.  I was wrong.  The writing is really good, the acting is great, and it is a very funny show.  It actually felt more like a comedy film than a TV show.; something as good as The Hangover or Role Models.

And if you like Matthew Perry, you're in luck... Oh, he's in this, and he really Matthew Perrys it up.  I don't care if the man only has one weapon in his acting arsenal, it's a pretty powerful weapon, and he wields it with precision.

The rest of the cast are just as on top of their game as well.  The comedy timing and subtleties of performance were flawless, even from the extras  There was one moment where this lady is carrying a giant bowl of raw ground beef in the background of the shot, and she just slightly sneezes on the meat.  It's not big, or overdone, it's just an incidental, barely noticable thing that was perfectly timed and pretty great.  That's a level of detail you usually don't see in television, or quite frankly much of anywhere.

I can't recommend this show enough.  I just hope the rest of the series is even half as strong as the pilot.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"