Author Topic: dallas cowboys hopper  (Read 10152 times)

olds45512

• Silver Level
dallas cowboys hopper
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:43:01 »
When I was a kid most off my christmas toys came from the jcpenny catalog. They sold eliminator and bandits along with just about every other tyco. One year I got a dallas cowboys hopper, it had a silver body with the blue stars and said dallas cowboys on the wing. Was this something that was specially made for jcp or did they sell them everywhere? I've done a few searches online but can't seem to find any info or pics so I didn't know if you guys had any pics of one or where I might find one to purchase. Thanks

olds45512

• Silver Level
Re: dallas cowboys hopper
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 19:11:54 »
I can't believe nobodys commenting on this. I figured I would at least get told that I was wrong about it being a tyco(which I know I'm not)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 00:41:55 »
well i'm almost sure there isn't one, but if there is its not common
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:04:24 »
coulda been promotional?  not sure if they did that or not but you never know.  Like some things I collect, it happens and the less there are the more there worth lol.

how you doing chad?

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 06:16:34 »
never heard of it but im in UK theres was alot that wernt  released over here that you get in USA but here in UK we got alot of taiyo cars that you dont see in USA
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:37:48 »
I'm 100% sure it was tyco, we actually still have a chassis from one on another truck. The year was either 94 or 95 because it was right after the cowboys won 2 superbowls. I found some jcp catalogs on ebay but really didn't want to spend 20 bucks a peice for the catalogs just to have a picture.

savagexone

• Copper Level
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 21:40:33 »
I remember the cowboys hopper. Never saw them in store just in catalogs.

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 12:27:50 »
Im still waiting to get my hands on on of the rarest tycos in the world, the dallas cowboys hopper. It was only sold by jcpenney out of the catalog so im planning to buy a few catalog off ebay jus to prove it exists.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 12:31:56 »
yeah, wasn't it a special order one? i think my uncle owned one cause hes a major cowboys fan. i know he had a buggie but in the move it got crushed.  I think jcpenny's was where you ordered it from.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

fatboyfsx

• Bronze Level
  • white guy
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 13:02:24 »
Im still waiting to get my hands on on of the rarest tycos in the world, the dallas cowboys hopper. It was only sold by jcpenney out of the catalog so im planning to buy a few catalog off ebay jus to prove it exists.

Do it!  I have a Tyco 1996 Spring catalog coming in the mail with 100+ pages (not all RC) I'll definitely post pics if it is in there.
"When the going gets tough, Outlaw gets even tougher"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 13:09:37 »
and i got 92 and 93 coming!

fatboyfsx

• Bronze Level
  • white guy
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 13:25:58 »
^ Sweet!  8)

Do you think any others are worth buying from that guy on ebay?  I'd be down to get another 1 or 2 maybe if you guys know of some good stuff probably in them.
"When the going gets tough, Outlaw gets even tougher"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 13:33:32 »
i think 97 is the last year tyco was with taiyo, i'd want 94, 95,91,90,89,88

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 14:55:20 »
One of you guys will ge it, it had to be after the cowboys won he super bowl in the early 90 cuz I remember they were real popular and everybody in school had a cowboys jacket.

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 14:56:47 »
All my tycos growing up came from jcp cuz my mom worked they and she just ordered them from the catalog.