Author Topic: got this the other day  (Read 3593 times)

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
got this the other day
« on: August 17, 2011, 19:53:21 »
my tayio/Dickie jet fighter arrived the other day yehaa.
looks very like a tamiya boomerang. i really like the look of this car and its very well built. took it out for a run round the driveway and after about 5Min's decided this thing is getting some hobby gear in there. as i just cant live with the motor cutting down to half power when you turn the steering. also the steering only works if you have the power down in forward or reverse theres no free Wheeling and turning at the same time. so the plan is to fit hobby radio gear and a twin motor gearbox from a max hopper as they share the same chassis they should mate up without any probs. so should end up with a rwd open diff twin motor max fighter lol. also had to put a softer spring in the front shock the standard one was putting to much stress on the shock mounts. will do a build tread for this one as i go along.

no matter what falls of or brakes i don't stop a run till the battery dies

poptart

• Gold Level
Re: got this the other day
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 03:36:12 »
A twin motor fighter should beastly lol,,, cant wait to see how this turns out
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:57:33 »
i got 2 of these in yellow  i put a main board from a hopper in 1 so the steering and turbo works all the time watch when you turn at full speed it will roll somtimes and i bet it will roll even more with a twin motor setup and i also got 2 of the twin motor 4x4 version of this 2 be good to see this when ur finished
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:04:06 »
thanks guys. i did notice that on full turn it was lifting the inside front wheel of the ground a bit. but the softer spring i put in seemed to stop the wheel from lifting. the car seems to be a bit on the light side  which is a good thing for modding lol but its almost too light for the hard springs. so i think oil filled shocks and softer springs my be the way to go. still i think ill keep the shell of for the test runs just in-case lol  :)

rodncathstewart

• Copper Level
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 18:06:23 »
haven't been on here in a while due to problems with my phone line and internet connection but should be up and running again soon. Ive been working away with the rc cars and have done the hobby conversion on the jet fighter and have to say it went from the worst handling rc car Ive ever had till one of the best. still have to fit the max hopper gear box due to needing to make some custom mounts but will get it done soon. will get some pics and a video up as soon as i get this phone line sorted.  ;)

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 07:54:13 »
be good to see it in action
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021