Author Topic: finding good stuff on craigslist  (Read 13743 times)

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
finding good stuff on craigslist
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:28 »
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/tag/2610657713.html    called the guy and hoping to go pick this up. it helps that he doesn't have it listed with normal key words that people use to find rc cars like "rc". So if i do end up getting it then craigslist will be my main source of tycos. scorcher 9.6v miny typhoon II and then if i got this i would be in tyco heaven.

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
Re: finding good stuff on craigslist
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 15:57:02 »
sweetness. the guy is holding it for me til tomorrow. i shall have a half traxx by 3pm tomorrow  ;D

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 17:58:22 »
nice find there pretty good cars
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 18:28:24 »
i will not forget to bring my 9.6 volt, i will not forget to bring my 9.6 volt, i will not forget to bring my 9.6 volt. oh yeah i need a 9 volt too. i will not forget to bring my 9 volt and 9.6 volt. who am i kidding with 2 kids screaming in my ear i'll be lucky not to forget to wear pants  :o

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:30:24 »
hahahaha i know how you feel  :P
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

stan

• Gold Level
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 11:23:08 »
LOLOL

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 13:16:13 »
That silver half traxx is as rare as a hens tooth,, Ive seen two green ones in the last 5 years one that somone on here has and one for sale with no box or remote,but never the silver one until i recently got a mint in box silver finally,,after hunting for years and paid and obscene amount for it,,so leave the pants if you have to my friend lol  go get that thing !!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 13:24:43 by poptart »
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 13:57:16 »
He sold it as I was on the way to get it

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 14:01:30 »
He called me in the pouring rain while when I was half way there and told me he just sold it while he said he would be at work. I told him I live about an hour away but have a friend about ten minutes away so would hang out with her til he got home at 2. Somehow he sold it while at work? He called me at noon...

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 14:56:58 »
live by the sword, die by the sword. i work only 1 day a week so usually i hve the jump on good items but this time the item was an hour away and i could have either left during rush hour in one of the worst traffic areas in the country and then risked getting there too late anyway or wait til the next day which i did but be beaten to it by someone else. Tyco's pop up all of the time. all it takes is for some parent of a 27 year old to be cleaning out the attic or storage and slap a beauty on the net for next to nothing. I'm just glad most don't have the sense to do research on some of the stuff they're listing. oh well on with the search and when one pops up at a good time of day close to me I'll snap it up so quickly it would have caught the crock hunter off guard!

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 15:59:12 »
since he sold it anyway i thought i would e-mail him and let him know that he had one of the rarest tycos which was worth much much much more than he was asking so anyone see a half traxx on ebay around the virginia area that's someone making an obsene amount of money off of that guy.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 01:33:24 »
a silver one sold a few weeks ago on ebay, it went up and ended right away, someone got to the seller before the auction ended normally thats me, but i was busy, i have the green one without a remote, but can control it with another. but i really like the silver better, the half traxx is a tad slower then the fast traxx, but a nicer one would probably be just as quick, mines a little beat up.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

mstana

• Silver Level
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 07:26:23 »
yea that was that one with the broken tread that was up for 100.00 i think, i have both the silver and green, both in really good condition, but the green dosent have the remote, a pic of my green one is on here, never did the silver one yet, what kind of remote powers your green one? i have one that just makes it go forward and reverse but not turn.

mstana

• Silver Level
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 07:30:10 »
oh and i aslo just got my wild cougar off ebay the other week, it was pretty drity but i cleaned it up and it works great besides the remote wont make the car turn, but another remote withs for it. plus those 2 maxx traxx that were one here, a yellow and a red  :)

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 08:44:32 »
i was watching that wild cougar, it went for like 10.50 or something. i was going to bid on it but it was too dirty for my wife to let me bid on it. I had that when i was younger and loved it but being in middle school i had no idea how to solder and my dad is a workoholic so he couldn't help but all it needed was a motor wire soldered back so so i threw it away : (  my brothers friend gave it to me and i remember mostly flying in reverse hitting forward wheeling then doing 360 wheelies. how does that thing run?? i couldn't trouble you to make a video of it could i?