Author Topic: My R/C Collection  (Read 8915 times)

Atomika

• Bronze Level
My R/C Collection
« on: April 22, 2009, 05:45:23 »
Skeet Skeet Skeet Skeet!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: My R/C Collection
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:12:33 »
Nice collection. Would you mind putting some names to go with the photos? I'm not sure what all of these are.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Atomika

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 01:02:55 »
Sure no prob. Starting from top left, 1987 Remco Sprint Car, Tyco Aero Turbo Hopper, Tyco 9.6V Turbo Blaster, Tyco Turbo Porche 962, Tyco Airblade, Tyco Mini Typhoon II, Tyco Rebound 4X4, Taiyo (Original manufacture of Tyco) Edge Runner 2, Tyco Dune Devil Green & White, Tyco Ford Focus, New Bright Monster Truck, Tyco Grave Digger, &  A Hummer Rock Crawler.

tyco toys

• Silver Level
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 17:54:33 »
Nice, I forgot about the  Remco Sprint cars.    They also came in blue, right?    How many batteries does it take?  Can you post  a closeup picture?

Atomika

• Bronze Level
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 20:00:41 »
This is the only one I've ever seen. I can't even find any mention of them online anywhere. I'd like to see a blue one.  It takes 8 AA & a 9V for the transmitter.

tyco toys

• Silver Level
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 04:01:14 »
The chassis has Nikko written all over it.     I think The Federated Group use to sell them in the 80's  ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_g-JIfV3sg&feature=related ).

Here are pictures of a blue one new in the box:

How fast is yours? Do you have the upper wing for it?

Atomika

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 00:02:32 »
Dude kick ass! I was wonder'n what the wings looked like. I need to build me a coupla those.

tyco toys

• Silver Level
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 14:49:16 »
Yeah, these  Remco  RC cars are rare.  I think Remco got out of the RC business shortly after.       So how fast is your sprint car compared to the 9.6V tyco cars?

Atomika

• Bronze Level
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 23:48:47 »
Its fairly quick, about as fast an Aero Turbo Hopper. I use Energiser 2500mah rechargables which give alot more boost than regular batteries. Compared to a 9.6V tho, My Dune Devils and Blaster will dust it in a heartbeat.  Hey can you post a pic of the gear selector on the back of yours? I think mine is missing a knob.

tyco toys

• Silver Level
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 02:17:08 »
I actually don't have that RemCo  sprint car, but I do have Nikko's  which seem to have the exact same chassis. If you post a picture of your gear selector, I can tell you if it looks like my Nikko.