Author Topic: MODERNIZE YOUR TYCO BANDIT!!!  (Read 15454 times)

poptart

• Gold Level
Re: MODERNIZE YOUR TYCO BANDIT!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 00:54:42 »
if you still have them avail after xmas i might just pick one up from ya gamester
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 02:15:06 »
Yea, being so close to Christmas probably had something to do with it, since everyone's spare pocket money is probably spent by now.  Making a video would be a good idea, if I had a camcorder that is, lol.  I'm not sure how much a video would help though anyways since anyone who is into RC knows practically any modern day RC could out perform any old Tyco.  I wish I had a bunch of Bandit bodies so it would be more complete from the get go.  I guess it was a good thing I didn't spend the time and money to make a bunch of these.  I currently have only this one available though if anyone wants it.  

The offer remains on the table for $200 Paypal shipped anywhere in the US...

-Gamester

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 21:21:40 »
Hey guys,

I went ahead and relisted it at a reduced price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120828849783

Hope that will help ;)

-Gamester
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 21:27:18 by Gamester »

fatboyfsx

• Bronze Level
  • white guy
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 22:05:32 »
Do you have a Bandit body you could throw in with it? 
"When the going gets tough, Outlaw gets even tougher"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 22:41:02 »
a have a crappy body for it haha
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 00:30:40 »
I wish I did have more Bandit bodies, but unfortunately the one in the photos is the only one I have and I use on my test chassis.

Sorry :-\

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 13:53:26 »
While the idea is cool one of the problems I would see is that the abs body is much heavier than a stock lexan body so its going to be top heavy, that along with the extra speed is a sure way to destroy the body. I've tryed similar stuff over the years and the bodys just add to much weight.

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 18:52:48 »
This chassis actually works pretty well with the Bandit body surprisingly.  I don't find it to be any more top heavy than an original Bandit.  Sure, you would tear up bodies if you were skidding them across the pavement at top speed, but this is an offroad chassis and works well as such, even with the Bandit body.  But yes, I wouldn't recommend high speed turns on grippy pavement with any offroad vehicle ;D

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 10:30:40 »

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 22:31:20 »
Hey guys,

Last chance to get one of these as this is the last one I am going to sell due to the public responsiveness being much lower than anticipated...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120835867744

Thanks,
Gamester

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 14:11:48 »
As far as responsiveness goes I think you hurt your chances of selling by giving out to much information. If you would have called it an aftermarket chassis you may have done better but since you were very specific about what chassis it was im sure that everybody did the same exact thing I did which was look up it up on ebay and see that it could be purchased as a ready to run vehicle for around 120 bucks. Believe me I've come up with a few things that sold farly well and the key is to be cautious about what info you give out because in this day and age people are all about cutting out the middle man and buying direct so they can save some money.

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 15:40:41 »
Hello olds45512 ,

You may be right, but I wanted to make sure everyone knows exactly what they are getting here and that this is not just a standard Losi mini chassis.  This chassis requires about 3 hours worth of modifying to get it reconfigured to work with the pickup truck layout for the Bandit body.  You can't just by a regular Losi mini buggy and stick the Bandit body on it without making several modifications beforehand.

Thanks for the input.

fatboyfsx

• Bronze Level
  • white guy
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 19:34:23 »
If it had a body it would have sold by now
"When the going gets tough, Outlaw gets even tougher"

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 21:18:19 »
Probably so.  I wish I had a bunch of Bandit bodies to go with the chassis, but I don't unfortunately :(

Gamester

• Silver Level
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 03:19:15 »
I just lowered the starting price to 149.99...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120835867744

Hope that helps boost enthusiasm a bit ;)

-Gamester