Author Topic: Help me with a tamtech Ferrari  (Read 41118 times)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
Re: Help me with a tamtech Ferrari
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 22:39:49 »
okay, i was surprised how quick those numbers came out, but that makes sense
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 17:57:53 »
The mini cars are fun but getting any real speed out of them is tough because they get out of control real easy, all it takes is a tiny pebble on the road and it will get out of control. I have an rc18t with a 9000kv brushless in it that would probably do 75 or 80 but at 40mph it gets loose and I have to back off the throttle. The rc18t is 4wd and even it has a hard time getting traction, if I go full throttle from a dead stop it will just start spinning all 4 wheels and doing donuts then the tires go flying off the rims.

If you really want to have a good time with rc try to find an indoor carpet track near you, I bet they will have a beginner class on race night that you can run the tamtech in. We race carpet off road at my local track and its awesome, I couldn't imagine what id do on friday nights if I couldn't race. Most guys at any track are very helpful to new guys and will be able to give you a hand, not to say you wont find a couple guys that take it way to serious and act like assholes.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 18:24:38 »
i highly doubt there is an indoor track anywhere near me, sadly
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 19:02:44 »
were you looking for a good running 49mhz eliminator or a body? cause i have bodies.

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 19:11:50 »
id like a whole truck so i have a pair but it will have to wait till after the holidays.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 19:21:21 »
got ya, i have the pair and another fixer upper 27mhz.

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 19:31:19 »
i dont care what the mhz of the chassis is as long as it has the body is 49mhz.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 19:44:01 »
i might be able to throw something together for you then. so after Christmas will give me time to fix it up. i hate have the wrong frequency to color scheme haha

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 19:50:51 »
it just has to look good on the shelf.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 20:26:49 »
haha well i could send you a hollow one! haha, i have the chassis and some nice chrome rims  ;D

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 20:27:46 »
cool, post some pics if you can

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2011, 22:41:03 »
here are some super quick mock ups. now for the roll cage lights i'd need to find about 3 more cause i want to put some on the other good eliminator i have cause it has two so does this one and i have a single one.

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 22:47:46 »
looks good, whats the price gonna be?

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 22:56:23 »
depends, this actually has a working board and servo, one front shock tower is broken. once its all together i'll let you know. i wanna make it look pretty nice. just depends, on the parts i use. i have other that get first dibbs, on the parts.

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 22:58:39 »
ok, hopefully after the holidays i will have some more cash to spend.