Author Topic: eBay auctions TYCO R/C (2012)  (Read 84502 times)

poptart

• Gold Level
Re: eBay auctions TYCO R/C (2012)
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2012, 21:33:55 »
Pretty cool,,,thanks for sharing friedchick!!!
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2012, 23:07:34 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tyco-Phantom-FX-4-RC-Car-IN-ORIGINAL-BOX-/320880359727?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item4ab5f5b92f we all know i'm on an fx-4 kick but this guys price is much better than the 249.99 phantom fx-4 the one guy was trying to unload.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2012, 13:08:23 »
this is a 4AA's type
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2012, 18:15:47 »
Yup someone if not the same guy had one listed for 249.99 a month or so ago. This one is attainable at least.

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2012, 01:17:28 »
Oh man he's at it again lol,,he's sold that thing twice in the last month
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2012, 16:14:36 »
holy sheitt batman!!! :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyco-Mutator-Home-Alone-3-Rare-Nib-/110861356339?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item19cfda0d33

and thats not even one from the movie,,they were all red and not sold in stores
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

sayer

• Copper Level
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2012, 22:37:54 »
Aaaaaahahahahahahaha!

nixzero

• Bronze Level
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2012, 15:24:39 »
I see this a lot on Craigslist.  Used plastic airsoft guns valued higher than new all-metal ones, RCs decked out with fragile aluminum "upgrades" in the $1000+ range, and boxed semi-collectibles with way too many zeros...

I've come to call overpriced stuff like that "nest eggs", and I avoid these items like the plague.  Most of it seems to come from people who only have a passing interest in the given hobby.

I bought a Terrain Twister off a kid, and him and his dad kept telling me "Oh man, when they say all-terrain, they really mean ALL-TERRAIN!!"  Now, if you ask me this thing is only good in snow, but they were truly convinced that it was the most capable RC ever made, having never owned anything else to compare it to.  I really wish my E-Maxx was charged up then...

stussels

• Silver Level

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2012, 23:40:46 »
There's only one day left and this one is still at just $10?!?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

poptart

• Gold Level
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

nixzero

• Bronze Level
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2012, 06:05:26 »
Hey guys.  debh092249, the seller from stussels' post above, is selling a bunch of stuff, and supposedly has a NIB Super Fast Traxx they'll be posting soon.  They had a few things listed last week, including a Dagger that I bought.  It sounded cool, suposedly it's a prototype that was used in a toy show.  The box isn't even printed, just covered in stickers.  Long story short: Upon receiving, I can't recommend this seller, and the Dagger doesn't work despite their claim that it did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150799974336?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1416

BUYERS BEWARE:
Before buying, I asked "Is the remote included, and has the vehicle been tested working?".  The response I got was "Item is 100% complete and is operation".  I got it in the mail today, and first I should mention that it was packed TERRIBLY, it was just thrown in a slightly larger beat up box, flopping around with a loose chunk of cardboard.  I got it all set up with good batteries, and it's not working.   >:(  It doesn't respond to the radio at all, one of the tires just spins at random.  I'm sure my battery is good, I tested it using a battery indicator for 6v hobby-grade receiver packs, and it showed as being fully charged.  I'm still waiting for a response, but unless it was damaged during shipping, their claim above that it was "operation" would be a lie.

In addition, the ad only shows the box, which has a paperboard insert with a Dagger prototype printed on it for display.  The actual vehicle isn't shown, and I was perfectly aware that without seeing it first, I had no clue as to the condition/qualities of the vehicle and no right to complain afterwards.  However, being a "prototype before it was mas produced", my ONLY expectation was that it would NOT be a production model.  Now, I'm no expert, but what I got appears to be a plain ol' production model.  I don't feel burned by that, I was actually more afraid that any mystery prototype could be some janky, half-built thing.  (Heck, the prototype in the picture - while sporting metal shock shafts, indicator LED, and antenna flag - appears to have unremovable tires, an unwieldy battery tray, and no discernable "Performance Shift" battery slider.)  Frankly, I'm kinda glad it is a production model, but if that's the case, the description was wrong, and I'll go so far as to call it possible lie #2.  I'm not gonna tell people how to sell things, and I don't expect every seller to be a Tyco expert, but the Dagger was SO different than the one in the insert (they're not even the same color), I can't imagine someone NOT wanting to disclose that unless, of course, they were trying to be a lil shady...

Phew!  Well, I'm not looking for sympathy (it was still a good deal for the cool box), and I'm also not gonna tell people how to buy things, I just thought I would warn you guys to be cautious of this seller, especially before someone drops $300 on a Super Fast Traxx!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:50:00 by nixzero »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2012, 20:30:04 »
That's rough. Definitely sounds like you guys need to avoid that seller.  

However, you need to keep in mind that a prototype might really be a incomplete machine and, if there is a box, it's not surprising that it's just covered in stickers and not printed. After all, you're buying something that was made as a test. I've bought some things from another guy who has some old prototypes and have seen photos of vehicles that have no remotes and no stickers at all.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)