Author Topic: PS3 Rocksmith  (Read 4888 times)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
PS3 Rocksmith
« on: January 11, 2012, 21:36:55 »
I'm loving this game. Costs $80, comes with a cord that connects the PS3 to a real guitar.
I've always wanted to learn to play guitar, this game is teaching me.
You need a real guitar, whether you buy one to play the game, or already have one, it needs to be the real deal, not a fake plastic guitar.
After exploring the various menus and options, I've found the game will slow any of the 50 songs that come with it down to a crawl so you can get each note correct before moving on.
My friend, who has been playing for 9 months already, pointed out that the game only shows you some of the notes until you show the aptitude to get more and more notes. That would be a draw back if you were looking to learn the complete song right from the get go. However, as a brand new guitar player, I'm loving that I can play every fourth note and sound like I'm playing along, well, sort of.

Mac of the very sore fingertips (who would've thought a guitar string would hurt so much)
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

stussels

• Silver Level
Re: PS3 Rocksmith
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:59:09 »
i just got this game myself.  i bought a used electric acoustic just to use with it.  i still need to restring it before i play though.  i need to get around on that.   :)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:03:35 »
This sounds awesome.  One of the reasons I never really cared for the idea of Guitar Hero, was that, if I was going to put that kind of effort into learning to play a fake instrument, why not put the effort into playing a real instrument. 

Well, here you go. :-)

Now, I just need a PS3, which I've been wanting to get ever since Red Dead Redemption came out anyway.  Unfortunately, I still have a long row to hoe before I earn the dollars that will pay for it. :'(
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 20:01:59 »
The game will show you how to string the guitar, tune it, probably all you need to know is in there via videos.

I'm liking it, my best buddy and I are planning to play every Sunday for a couple three hours. He has a 9 mos head start on me and can out play me. However, I enjoy the interaction. We've both gotten better and it has introduced us to some new music. I'm thinking of buying the latest Black Keyes album because of it.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

stussels

• Silver Level
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:36:31 »
you should get the black keys album.  any of em will do.  ive got em plus some live ones too.   ;D