Author Topic: FS: TYCO FX-4  (Read 8371 times)

skistar

• Copper Level
FS: TYCO FX-4
« on: March 23, 2012, 21:34:17 »
Had this since I was a kid, just found it going through some old boxes at my parents place.  Pretty darn good shape for having been a toy almost 20 years ago!  Gave it a deep cleaning today and went through everything trying to find any flaws I could.  
imperfections: antennae broken on the remote, missing TYCO flag from antennae on the car,  battery pack might be dead? (missing charger), rear lights weren't working when I tested it (might just be a minor wiring issue, not sure), and the yellow cage has a small part cracked as show by the tip of the toothpick in the picture, some scuffs here and there from use.  Also included is an extra battery cover in perfect shape, no scratches.

As you can see in the video, the car seems to be fully functioning and looks really nice.  Let me know if you need any more info or pictures.  
SOLD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB-BUzQQfS0
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 14:28:53 by skistar »

skistar

• Copper Level
Re: FS: TYCO FX-4
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 13:34:23 »
how about $100 shipped?

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 22:10:45 »
its worth about 80-90 shipped, they just don't seem to sell
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

stussels

• Silver Level
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 23:55:38 »
now that is a well written item description right there :)  lots of good pics and even a video. would be nice to see you demonstrate both high and low range are working.  im curious though as to why you have a spare battery door and how you got it?

skistar

• Copper Level
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 23:28:56 »
thanks stussels!  while I'm new on here I'm no stranger to selling online and always think it's better to go overboard and get as much detail for a potential buyer as possible!

I would take $90 shipped, I'm not unreasonable.  I just saw that poptart had offered friedchicken twice what he won the auction for and that was the only one I'd ever seen for sale. 

let me know if you need a video of the hi/lo working and I'll get it hooked up again and get a video up.  As for the battery door, I have no idea!  It was almost 20 years ago so I don't remember if I had a similar car or how/where I got the door.  If it matters the original one (showing similar wear as the car) says made in Singapore while the other one says made in Malaysia. 

poptart

• Gold Level
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 23:57:43 »
i think $90 shipped would be fair skistar,,you got to understand with these vintage tyco's  condition is everything and that one friedchick got is brand new..also the box doubles if not more the price of the car because it appeals to some one wanting to play with it but mostly collectors who are gonna pay the big money,,, opposed to yours which is very very nice but really only appeals to some one wanting to relive some memories or show there kids what real store bought RC were like and actually play with it,,,may sound crazy to you but Ive paid over $400 for some and have never even touch them lol,i just like to stare at them ;D
Hit it Mr.butters!!!

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 00:39:43 »
Poptart I know what you mean. My car is driving me nuts. I want to drive it but I want to keep it perfect so not taking it out of the box. I like it but I can't keep looking at it knowing I can't drive it. Skistar I wish I lived near you so I could bring a fresh 9.6 and an antenna and really check that thing out. Money is soo tight that I have to make everything I spend money on count. Right now looking into a nib tyco rebound. I loved that thing. From a buyer perspective box is great but new in box is really the way to go for toy rc cars since once they're done, they're done. No replacing parts like my hobby cars.

skistar

• Copper Level
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 10:21:58 »
No worries guys, thanks for the info. No completely get that BNIB will sell for a bunch more, that's how it goes with anything, certainly should hold true with 20+ year old rc cars!  I'm not trying to rip anyone off and I don't think my pricing is unreasonable but I'm also not in a position where I need to dump the thing for $50 just to get it sold today.  They seem like there aren't a lot of them out there so $90 shipped will be the new price!

where is the best spot to buy a brand new 9.6v (and how much will it run me) so I can get this thing hooked up and get video of me driving it around the living room?  I always take really good care of my things, even as a kid so I have no doubt this thing had lots of life left.  Of course words only means so much on the Internet do if it's feasible I'd have no problem getting a battery to show this thing really is in awesome shape!

friedchickenfuelsme

• Silver Level
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 10:50:58 »
I got a nicd pack and charger for 12 at radioshack. a video of the thing running in both f and s gear especially outside would deff tempt someone into buying it. Get an antenna off someone here for that controller because it makes a huge difference if its complete. But a video on carpet is a tease people want to see that it can reach top speed. Erase all doubt. Things I've seen with older used rc cars is that they don't reach top end anymore even with a fresh battery that works perfectly fine in another car.

skistar

• Copper Level
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 01:34:09 »
haha gonna have to wait for that a bit seeing as we still have a couple feet of snow on the ground.  I'll give it a bit of time and if it doesn't sell I'll look into finding a new battery and getting the thing up to speed!  until then..