Author Topic: Looking for a 49MHz "tank control" style remote  (Read 2949 times)

nixzero

• Bronze Level
Looking for a 49MHz "tank control" style remote
« on: April 08, 2012, 23:26:15 »
Not sure if you guys saw the auction for the Maxx Traxx, Triple Wheels, and Tantrum with no remotes, but I scooped it up.  I'll have no trouble finding new unopened 6.0V battery packs on craigslist, but...

Now I gotta find a 49MHz "tank stick" remote like the one used on the Fast Traxx or Rebound (and a 27MHz remote for the Tantrum)  I mostly care that they just work,  but it would be cool if they were branded for Maxx Traxx or Triple Wheels to match the cars.

I'm also in the market for a 27MHz Rebound remote, but only if it's the actual Rebound 4x4 branded one.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 15:27:36 by nixzero »

nixzero

• Bronze Level
Re: Looking for a 49MHz "tank control" style remote
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:41:31 »
No worries, I found a working remote!

Someone sent me a 49MHz Rebound remote, and it works perfectly on my 49MHz Maxx Traxx, Triple Wheels, and Dagger.

PLEASE NOTE:  I have reason to believe that this is only true for the OLD Rebound remote, not the re-release.  The re-release used a different internal board, and AFAIK, the newer remotes (post-Mattel maybe?) don't work with the older cars, and vice-versa.

stan

• Gold Level
Re: Looking for a 49MHz "tank control" style remote
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 22:34:03 »
Damn I want to play with my tantrum right now.  But I need batteies!! lol