Author Topic: post up your vintage tyco finds  (Read 6862 times)

camoscion

• Copper Level
  • GOT TURBO HOPPER!!!!!!
    • www.longoscion.com
post up your vintage tyco finds
« on: September 03, 2008, 03:17:45 »
so i was cruising the net and i came across this ad for a turbo hopper going for 30 bucksi called the guy and made plans to meet with him and when i got ther i checked out the car and it looked new so i asked him what the deal was with it and he told me it was a gift that one of his brothers got his kids but they didnt take care of the other toys they gave them so he decided as punishment he would sell it  the car was never used the only thing was that the box was a little beat up. what you think???

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: post up your vintage tyco finds
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:47:20 »
Looks like you found a great deal. Congrats.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

camoscion

• Copper Level
  • GOT TURBO HOPPER!!!!!!
    • www.longoscion.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 16:02:27 »
Thank you!! So does anyone else have any good finds??

Tycoturbohoppers#1

• Bronze Level
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 15:07:17 »
Some of my collection.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 23:54:49 »
Cool! Thanks for posting the pics.

They look familiar. Were you using a different name on the old forum?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Tycoturbohoppers#1

• Bronze Level
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 02:24:18 »
Yeah, I had not been on here in about a year and I could not log in using my old username which was bajabandit78. I got logged on once after the password reset but couldn't get back on under that name so I just registered a new name which works out good anyway considering I wanted to change it. Thanks a lot for giving us tyco rc lovers such a neat place to share our knowledge of these awesome machines.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:09 »
That's cool. Thanks for joining us again. I hope to get more vintage Tyco info posted up here myself, but of course its great that everyone comes and shares their knowledge here.

By the way, this new system allows you to change your username/login without creating a new account, as long as you have access to it still. If you ever want to change just the way that your name is displayed, for example, changing capital letters to lowercase or vice-versa, you can simply update your display name but keep your login name the same. There's also much more room for profile info if you want to provide a little more about yourself.

Oh... and I've updated your post count to reflect your activity on the old forum. Not many threads from there have been migrated over yet, but hopefully I'll be able to get to it in a couple weeks.

Tycoturbohoppers#1

• Bronze Level
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 17:59:05 »
Sounds awesome. Thanks a lot and I'm glad to be back.