Author Topic: Board Game Calendar Weekly Challenges  (Read 11355 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Board Game Calendar Weekly Challenges
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2021, 21:32:46 »
Week 31 - Play a variable player powers game and let all players use all powers.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2021, 21:29:07 »
Week 32 - Play a game that's part of a trilogy or a series. [✓] We played Ticket To Ride: London.

Week 33 - Play a Spiel Des Jahres Nominee/Winner.  [✓] We played Labyrinth.

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2022, 21:38:53 »
I guess I'll just catch up by listing the rest for the year. Most of these weekly challenges didn't get completed. I still enjoyed the calendar and having the challenges to encourage playing some games that I hadn't in a while. I was considering buying a new calendar from www.boardgametables.com for 2022, but unfortunately it looks like they haven't made one for this year. I've decided that I'm just going to use the weekly challenges from the last 2 years and I'll randomly pick out a weekly challenge from those. So... here's the rest of the list.

Week 34 - Play an unused game that's sitting on the shelf of shame.
Week 35 - Play a game whose cover art catches your attention.
Week 36 - Play a game with custom dice.
Week 37 - Play a game involving direct combat and let the other players win. (Or not)

... The "Or not" was actually written in the calendar challenge by the publisher... but seriously, why would I just let the other player win??? If it was like Suicide Chess where the winner is the first person to lose their King... that would be an acceptable challenge. ... Ok. Moving along.

Week 38 - Play a dexterity game and close your eyes during your turn.
Week 39 - Play a game designed by someone with the same nationality as yours.
Week 40 - Play a team-based game.
Week 41 - Play the most complex game you own.
Week 42 - Play a game whose title is hard to pronounce.
Week 43 - Play a new game you love. [✓] We played Rival Troops.
Week 44 - Play a game in which players take simultaneous turns.
Week 45 - Play a game set in a country you have visited.
Week 46 - Play a game that comes in a white box.
Week 47 - Play a storytelling game.
Week 48 - Play a game whose components may be the subject of a bedtime story [✓] We played 12 Days.
Week 49 - Play a crowdfunded game.
Week 50 - Play a game that uses its box as part of the game. [✓] We played Dice Forge.
Week 51 - Play a science fiction game. [✓] We played The Captain Is Dead.
Week 52 - Play a game with the best first player token.
Week 53 - Play a game based on a book or a movie. [✓] We played The Princess Bride.

Of course, Week 53 is the week that is partially in 2021 and partially 2022, so this might also be Week 1 for 2022.   
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 21:47:21 by Dragon »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2022, 16:40:20 »
Using the previously listed weekly challenges, each week I'll randomly select one.

This week: Play a two player game.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2022, 00:04:27 »
We completed the previous week's challenged:

Play a two player game. [✓] We played The Settlers Of Catan Card Game.

Now, our challenge for the upcoming week:

Play a game half-way through, then switch sides.

I can't even think of a good game for this challenge, since it would have to be one that is very clearly played over a specific amount of rounds in order to accurately know the half-way point. Suggestions are welcome.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2022, 16:34:56 »
We completed the previous week's challenged:

Play a game half-way through, then switch sides. [✓]We played Labyrinth.

It was a 4-player game, and we rotated around the table once the first player got their 3rd treasure card.

Now, our challenge for this week. (Sorry, I forgot to do this on Monday):

Play a game whose game board would be fantastic as wall art.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2022, 00:03:28 »
We completed the previous week's challenge:

Play a game whose game board would be fantastic as wall art. [✓]We played Sagrada.

This week:

Play a game in the Top Ten on BoardGameGeek. (https://boardgamegeek.com/browse/boardgame)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2022, 22:08:13 »
This week's game challenge: Play a game counter-clockwise instead of clockwise.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2022, 16:46:43 »
This week's game challenge: Play a game you think you will win.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2022, 10:40:52 »
This week's game challenge: Play a game you bought at a thrift store.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2022, 18:36:31 »
This week's game challenge: Play a game that's part of a trilogy or series.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2022, 20:24:53 »
This week's game challenge: Play the game you have owned the longest.