Author Topic: Flight of the Conchords  (Read 1183 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Flight of the Conchords
« on: December 06, 2009, 00:43:34 »
As long as we're talking about television shows, may I direct your attention to this HBO series.  They have finished 2 seasons, and are working on a third.

Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie are the New Zealand musical duo, Flight of the Conchords.  The show follows their fictional struggle to become famous, deal with life in the states, and carefully avoid prolonged contact with their one, obsessive fan.  Their manager, Murray, is pretty incompetent at helping them with any of it.  Of course, he's not just their manager, he also works for the New Zealand embassy where the band met him after losing their passports.

Clip 01  Clip 02

During every episode, they break out with songs about their current situation.  It's a pretty funny show.  The humor is often subtle, and the characters just enough over the top to not let you take even the tense moments too seriously.   I've finished watching the first season so far, and am definately looking forward to getting the next season from Netflix soon.

Clip 03
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Flight of the Conchords
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:00:33 »
I saw the little clips that you put. It looks funny. Unfortunately, it's not on Play Instantly on NetFlix, but I've added the 1st series to my queue.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)