Author Topic: Avatar in Imax 3D  (Read 4121 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Avatar in Imax 3D
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 17:39:34 »
Kami and I failed it see it last Saturday because it was SOLD OUT.

We are planning on seeing it THIS Saturday.  Kamryn will look at the times and the times of other movies we will be seeing (Sherlock Holmes, Princess and the Frog) and we'll post the time when final.  We'd love for any and or all of you to join us in this AMAZING piece of theater!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 18:05:38 »
I'm probably going to have to go to Tarpon Springs on Thursday already, so I think it would be the best chance for me to go to the movie.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 08:33:12 »
I won't be able to go to see the movie until at least Friday after the big game day. I am broke as can be.
My cousin is arriving Thursday and it sounds like she is planning on spending most of her time with me, which is okay by me. I don't have much family and I treasure what I have.

So, count me out until at least Jan. 15 regarding the movie.
I'll bring pizza money to gameday for Wyldwing and myself.
I don't mind if I get to play games with the three ladies when we split up.  ;o)
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 15:38:29 »
im glad to read thos who have seen it have enjoyed it and thos who havnt seen it yet ill be glad to read what u thought of it coz me and the misses is going to see it end of this month but she wants to take my son to see alvin and the chipmunks 2 first i think im gonna give that 1 a miss tho  ::) be nice to see what u others thought of it before i go see it its not the sort of film i normally watch but it looks intresting
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 07:42:01 »
Saw this AGAIN yesterday at 11am with Kamryn and Hunter.  Kamryn said, after we saw it "There are no words to describe how phenomenal this movie is".  I have to say, that after my 2nd time watching it...it was JUST as enjoyable as the first.  That IMAX 3D is simply  "The future".

We saw New Moon (again)(and ran into Cinemax who was there with his son seeing Avatar 3D) after that and then attempted to see Sherlock Holmes.  I don't know if it's just me getting older or what, but the accents they use during the first 20 minutes of the movie were ones that I just couldn't understand.  I liked the fight scenes and the way they showed his planning of them...and then the execution...but after 20 minutes of not really hearing the dialouge, I checked with both kids to see if they were in a similar boat.  They were, so we left that movie.

We then saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 2.  In spite of the bad reviews, it worked with our timing of leaving Sherlock Holmes.  It was actually quite enjoyable.  Then...due to Kami's begging, we went and saw Avatar again, this time just 3D, not the IMAX.  The picture quality is the same, I must say...but the sound, athough satisfying and good, wasn't anywhere close to the IMAX experience...where you actually FEEL the explosions...I have now resigned myself to buying Avatar on Blu Ray...IF it comes with 3D glasses.

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 19:25:09 »
In related news I just got the Blu-Ray and the film STILL rocked! I liked seeing it at home because it gave your eyes a chance to see little things you might of missed in huge 3D.  IMAX 3D or not its a awesome film.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 05:39:39 »
I'm going to hold out for the Box version of Avatar in Blu Ray that comes with 4 pairs of high quality 3D glasses.  Then I'll pick it up.

Until then...could I borrow your copy?   ;D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 12:54:05 »
Does the Blu-Ray version have a 3D option if you already have 3D glasses?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 07:06:41 »
The Blu-Ray version doesn't have a 3D option. Is the 3D version thats coming out for the Samsung 3D TV/Player combo?