Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 1761 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Star Trek
« on: December 29, 2009, 17:04:30 »
I watched the new Star Trek which I had rented from Netflix yesterday. Very cool. I'm sure it would have been awesome on the big screen! Very nice how they did the alternate reality thing.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 21:29:06 »
Saw it on the big screen.   Yes..it was very good.  I was pleased!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 20:31:21 »
I loved it.  I really hope they make more.  It will be awesome to see a whole movie where new Kirk and Spock actually get along.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 20:03:47 »
I was looking at the website for the new Star Trek online game, and there is a page that explains how the online game fits into the universe with the events from the movie.

Basically, the online game takes place in the "prime" universe 20 years after Romulus blows up and ambassador Spock mysteriously disappears. 

When I was looking at the illustrated timeline it occured to me that with the explanation given in the movie, there is a gaping flaw.  Spock and Nero both travelled back in time.  When Nero came back and blew up the USS Kelvin, he created the new timeline....  (oh... spoiler alert! ::) and yes, I looked these names up, I know I'm flying a huge nerd flag right now, but not so huge as to know the names of all the ships and crazy Romulans...)

Anyway, Spock doesn't travel as far back in time, popping out 33 years later.  The problem is, that since Spock didn't go as far back, he never made it back to where the new timeline split off, and he should have come back out in the "prime" universe.

Okay, I'll stop now.  Just wanted to put that out there.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 22:10:11 »
Captain... this split universe is illogical.  ;)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)