Author Topic: Not Gonna Spoil It...  (Read 1246 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Not Gonna Spoil It...
« on: January 19, 2010, 06:29:09 »
... by giving the name of the film in the post, but I pity the fool that doesn't click the link below. ;D

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi14943257/
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

scorcher

• Platinum Level
Re: Not Gonna Spoil It...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 07:34:13 »
haha as soon as u said I pity the fool i knew what u where oning about seen a trailer last week for it i will watch it when its out but dont if it will be as good as the original that i grew up with
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 08:48:54 »
Of course I recognized the catch phrase, but I had no idea that the movie was in the works. Is a Magnum P.I. movie coming out anytime soon?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:07:09 »
I remember this was the first show where I realized the TV formula, 'if they explain the plan before hand, it means something will go wrong, but if they just huddle up and the scene fades to a montage with the theme music, then everything will be okay." 

I am excited about seeing this, it looks like the tone stays consistant to that of the original show, but updated to appeal to modern audiences without losing the things that made it good.

There is an IMDb listing for Magnum P.I. in 2011, but there's nothing there yet.  I would think an updated version of that would have to be a bit more on the campy side, considering that I have to believe there was more crime depicted on that show than there was actual crime going on in Hawaii during its run.

(edit: I take that back... aparently Hawaii's crime rate peaked the very year Magnum P.I. premiered in 1980.  http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/hicrime.htm.  I guess good ol' Thomas Magnum helped clean up the streets. 8) )
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:23:50 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"